Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't send my sims to University in University Life

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't send my sims to University in University Life Empty Can't send my sims to University in University Life

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 18:39

Up until now I've had no problems in sending my sims to University. Suddenly (since installing pets - not sure if this has any relevence) I can't get my sims to the uni.. my sim will enroll, make their way there, it loads as my sim is travelling but when it gets to the end it just freezes like this - please help Sad

Can't send my sims to University in University Life Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Can't send my sims to University in University Life Empty Re: Can't send my sims to University in University Life

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 18:45

done that to me but coming out of uni i just lefy it sorted its self out after 30mins. but then when i tryed to get back on the game it messed up sepent the last day and half trying to fix it. i found removing store content that dont belong to an EP works and removing custom content

Back to top Go down

Can't send my sims to University in University Life Empty Re: Can't send my sims to University in University Life

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 19:13

I don't have any store content so confused at what could be causing it. Waited ages & its just froze Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 11:48

I have this problem as well!

Back to top Go down

Can't send my sims to University in University Life Empty help :(

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 18:31

Does anybody have any solutions yet? Really bugging me Question I was going to save a copy of my household but when I try to do that in edit town mode it just freezes on "processing" too and I'm worried if I reinstall university life my family won't still be there in sunset valley Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 12 Apr 2013, 19:05

Backup and Remove "Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3" Then try playing, and see if it will load.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 19:08

Hi how do I back up and remove? Sorry I'm not much of a computer whizz lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Apr 2013, 11:20

Hello,

What you can do is drag the "The Sims 3" folder to your desktop. Just click and hold, then move your mousepointer to an open area on your desktop.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:41

To back the file up? Will I still be able to use the same family? Anyway I've done that and can't start the game, it's saying unable to start, please re install the base game
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:56

Hello,

I think you moved the wrong folder, put this one back where it came from, and make sure you move the one from Documents\Electronic Arts.
Your save will be fine, this is just for testing purposes.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2013, 13:31

Yes it worked this time Smile I was able to get to the university. My family /saved town were not there though Wat. It was like starting the game from new with tutorials etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:17

Hello,

Ok, now you can go to the folder you dragged to the desktop and copy your saves folder to the new folder that was generated by the game and test it with your savegame.
Did you have mods/cc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:02

Sorry I just re-read what you said, I'm not sure which folder you want me to copy my saves folder into? I do have a few clothing cc yes. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:18

Hello,

When you moved that folder to your desktop, the game generated a new one in Documents\Electronic Arts. Your saves are in the folder on your desktop, if you go there and copy the "saves" folder, then paste them into the new folder your game generated, your family will be available again.
Try this first to see if you can send your family to university, then you can reinstall your cc's.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:55

Ok thanks I've just done that and I'm now not able to go to the university again Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 20:13

I have the same problem... And tried those tips out and it still won't work. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Btw the problem is only with my one family. (I started with 1 sim and when she went to the university, it loaded well but now her kids (who have moved to own house, are going to the university but now it won't load..) I tried that thing with a new family and it loaded, so the problem is only with my one family Sad sad, because I liked that family and I really would like to send my sims to the university.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 21:38

I thought my problem had been solved after following the instructions above but just waiting on some feedback on what to do next.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 17 Apr 2013, 15:11

Hello,

That's odd, it would seem like it's a problem with that family. As a test, would you mind saving this family to the bin and testing them in another world? If it works like that, I may have a better option for you, because obviously the downside to this is that your family will loose all their relationships in town.
But if your test is successful, try this mod.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2013, 21:12

That's another problem I seem to be having, when I go to edit town mode to save a copy of the householed it just freezes on "processing" Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 18 Apr 2013, 09:47

Hello,

Can you export the family, as if you were going to upload them to the exchange?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013, 18:16

I'm not sure how to do that as I don't use the exchange I could try though? Thanks for your help

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 21 Apr 2013, 13:31

Hello,

Select the household from "edit town" mode and use the button as marked in the image below.

Can't send my sims to University in University Life Image310
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Apr 2013, 14:23

Ok I just tried that but it's still getting stuck on processing Can't send my sims to University in University Life 2279017149

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:29

Hello,

It would seem that there is a problem with this particular family. Hopefully someone has an idea. The best suggestion I can give you now is to uninstall&reinstall University. If you do, restart your pc after uninstalling.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:03

it aint a problem with the household or mods or custom content after days and hours of testing. its an huge bug by ea itself. the lastest sims 3 patch/update is the problem . i fort it was somthing to do with the uni ep but thats fine its the update its self. it bugs the game in all diff ways even without having the uni ep im gonna open a new page about it with all the probs it causes plus ill pust the only way to fix it also in there. since ea are aware of the problem and aint gonna fix them with a new update tell the next 1 at the end of june.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top