Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED] Empty [FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 07:02

Sony Vaio Windows 8 laptop.

I installed retail copies of base game, WA, Ambitions, and Generations. Game worked fine, didn't need compatability mode.

Torrented and installed Seasons. Game loaded, but when I tried to open a family, the game crashed. Rebooted, removed the cracked .exe file from windows firewall, tried running in Windows 7 compatibility mode - still crashed.

Found you guys, got up to step 11 of the Ultimate Fix. When I try to apply the Manual Patch v 1.5, nothing seems to happen. The 'thinking' spinner spins, then this dialogue box pops up.

[FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED] 3142c00

No idea what that could mean. I click ok and it goes away and nothing happens.

Does it matter that I've installed the expansion packs out of order?

Thank you!

[ETA: Per admin response, this was a downloading error. I re-downloaded and it patched fine.]

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Tue 23 Apr 2013, 13:10; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : got the solution)

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED] Empty Re: [FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Mon 22 Apr 2013, 14:14

That's actually a downloading error, where the file became either corrupted or just didn't completely download, try re-downloading the patch then using it. Usually it's recommended to try in a different browser if you have this error again.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

[FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED] Empty Re: [FIXED] Manual patch not opening? Error code? Windows 8 [screencap]. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 23:46

Thank you, that fixed the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 23 Apr 2013, 00:31

Glad I could help. Smile enjoy playing your game.

Topic closed.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top