Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED] Empty 1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 03:11

I previously installed base game (from a legit disc) and all expansions (from torrents) and used The Fix to get it working on patch 1.33. Today, I decided I wanted to install Sweet Treats. I have the torrent downloaded, but not installed. I downloaded the new version of The Fix and the incremental patch from 1.33 to 1.34. (I'd post the URL to show where I got the patch, but apparently new members can't post URLs.) I did steps 4-10 from The Fix again in case the files were different, but I did not apply the files in the #Crack folder. I never installed EADM/Origin because I don't trust EA.

I then ran the incremental patcher I downloaded. It seemed to be going well, but it choked on the TS3W.exe file and threw an "Invalid File" error at me. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong, then I realized I forgot to copy the stuff from the "Base game" folder from The Fix. So I copied that over into the appropriate location, and ran the patch again. This time, it choked on TS3.exe.

1. Do I really have to download the superpatcher? I'd really rather not have to download a ~900 mb file, because my internet can get kinda sucky.

2. Is there somewhere I can download the files that it's choking on so it doesn't choke on them? None of the files in The Fix seem to work, and I was stupid enough not to back up the files before replacing them.

EDIT (8:48 PM): I decided to go ahead and download the huge file anyway. For some reason, it worked. I'd love to know why, because I'd rather not have to do this every single time I update, which is why I prefer the incrementals.

Back to top Go down

1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 13 Jun 2012, 17:35

Hello,

There's no need to backup the files, since the files in the Fix are already the original files. If you do not replace all modified (Read: crack) files with the original files included with the Fix, you'll get that error.
If you apply this manual patch, however, it'll do that part for you: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v134-fix-manual-patch-updated
After doing that manual patch, all you need to do is applying the Crack from the Fix and you're done!

The reason that the manual patch didn't give you that error, is because it doesn't "check" the files. The EA update via the launcher or most of the incremental patches will check the files. If they are modified, you'll get the "Invalid File" error. That's why we always recommend using the manual patch instead.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED] Empty Re: 1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 19:01

I thought the incremental patches were manual patches... My bad.

Anyways, I guess the problem is fixed now. I don't like downloading huge files when it's not necessary, but I guess the penalty for going over AT&T's stupid download limit is better than actually paying $40/game.

Thank you for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jun 2012, 16:54

Hello,

Haha, getting something for free has a price, I guess.
Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the game! Do not hesitate to contact us again if you need any more assistance!

Happy simming! 1.34 Patch - "Invalid File" Error With Manual Patch. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top