Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted something I shouldn't of...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deleted something I shouldn't of... Empty Deleted something I shouldn't of...

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 01:41

So this is probably the wrong place to post but it kept telling me that I needed to be granted "special access" to post any where else.

Basically here's my problem.

My laptop is 2 days old, installed the sims just fine then my last expansion installation didn't work ( scratched disk) so I popped it out. However, every time I tried to re-start my sims it would give me Error see Log.

But thinking that I was some type of tech genius I fiddled around.

I went into My Comp. clicked; Local Files disk (C:)
then went into Program Files (x86) clicked on Electronic Arts
and deleted the game that had not wanted to install earlier...( it was the only one there.)

Now when I try to follow your steps from your youtube video; "Error during startup"
the not installed properly game is there in regedit but it tells me "Cannot delete blah blah; error while deleting key"
Any idea how to help a girl out? Smile And yes I know I am clearly an idiot for messing with it. Please help, I don't want to have to waste more money on it for them to wipe it...

I have tried deleting that User that the games were installed on to see if that would work and nope, I messed it up pretty good...

Back to top Go down

Deleted something I shouldn't of... Empty Re: Deleted something I shouldn't of...

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:00

Uninstall the game properly, completely:

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Back to top Go down

Deleted something I shouldn't of... Empty Re: Deleted something I shouldn't of...

Post by invalidusername Wed 24 Apr 2013, 17:53

This may be something where you have to go into the registry and delete the keys. However, I am terrible with the registry stuff, so I would wait until Admin or somebody who knows what they're doing replies before even exploring.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top