Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I deleted all of my sims installation (lol)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I deleted all of my sims installation (lol) Empty I deleted all of my sims installation (lol)

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 00:41

Why God.
*edit*
I just uninstalled my sims installation, and of course I haven't created a restore point. I have no idea why or HOW I deleted it. New question is, how can I download ALL of the packs and base game without torrenting? 

Lots of love
(and self loathing)

Onyxx

Facepalm

[not]Moved to "The Sims 4 Support". Carlos is tha man

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 17 Sep 2019, 18:13; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I'm an idiot)

Back to top Go down

I deleted all of my sims installation (lol) Empty Re: I deleted all of my sims installation (lol)

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 10:53

If you don't want to torrent - use my repack. I have Mega and Mediafire links. And it weights 25.2GB in total.

Back to top Go down

I deleted all of my sims installation (lol) Empty Re: I deleted all of my sims installation (lol)

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 12:37

anadius wrote:If you don't want to torrent - use my repack. I have Mega and Mediafire links. And it weights 25.2GB in total.
Hey thanks mate! Really appreciate this! When the next exp/update comes out how would I go about downloading and installing?
Aadmien liekesss!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2019, 12:41

You can use G4TW releases or you can just download new setup, patch, no-origin-fix (you can delete the previous ones) and new DLC if there's any, and run the setup. Interactive instructions are always up-to-date so when in doubt, check them out.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Sep 2019, 18:29

//MOVED

@Onyxxu, there was once a wise person (not me), who said this:

Wise person wrote:It takes quite a long time to build up something, but it only takes seconds to break it all down...

Don't know who exactly said it, but maybe we can all learn something from it. And yes, it happened to me once as well, that I deleted my userdata folder of The Sims 3, somehow accidentally. Haters gonna hate

To also say something more helpful as well here: if you can, try investing into a decent external hard-drive or some other similar medium where you can back up large items, such as the installation folder of The Sims 4. Currently a little more than 35 GB in size, with all DLCs and updates. You can or even should pack the folder into a .rar or .7z archive before backing it up, to reduce chances of file corruption.

Other than that, Windows has this thing that if something is marked with that light blue shade, it counts as "marked", and if you subsequently delete something else, then the previously marked item(s) will go to. And if you then carelessly also empty the basket without looking at its contents beforehand, then you're in trouble. Try making it into a habit of actively reading message prompts that come up ("are you sure you want to remove this/that?"), and also checking the contents of your basket before hitting delete. Even more so, if you are prone to making these mistakes rather frequently.

Also: most people don't know that merely emptying the basket does NOT delete the thing from your hard-drive. The actual data is still there and can be recovered with special software. But the space occupied by the item, that has been removed from the basket, will be highlighted as "available". So the next time you add something to your hard-drive (installing or downloading new software), this new stuff can overwrite the space of the stuff your previously removed from the basket. I guess the reason I wrote this paragraph is to illustrate that we all should be aware of emptying the basket too quickly. A little time of looking at the contents of the basket, ... can go a long way. Especially if we're talking about more sensitive/legally important data. Not the case here, but it has happened that people got themselves in huge trouble by accidentally deleting stuff from the basket.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top