Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Error During Start-Up After Installing Torrented Stuff Pack. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Error During Start-Up After Installing Torrented Stuff Pack. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Error During Start-Up After Installing Torrented Stuff Pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 12:31

I have a legit copy of The Sims 3 and all expansion packs I have are legit, apart from University Life which was torrented. I installed UL and my game worked perfectly, then I tried to install Fast Lane Stuff (torrent) and I get this 'Error during startup, please see log for more details.'

I have absolutely no idea what to do and couldn't find a thread like this. This is pretty much my first time torrenting so I was very pleased when UL worked.
The game won't start directly either (not via the launcher).
Any ideas would be appreciated, but I'd rather not have to try uninstalling everything.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Error During Start-Up After Installing Torrented Stuff Pack. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Error During Start-Up After Installing Torrented Stuff Pack. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 05 May 2013, 15:42

Hello,

When you try to start the game from TS3W.exe in the base game\bin, do you get an error? Did you by any chance use the crack that came with your Fast Lane Stuff torrent? If you did, you may be able to solve this by applying the fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Error During Start-Up After Installing Torrented Stuff Pack. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Error During Start-Up After Installing Torrented Stuff Pack. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 19:57

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

When you try to start the game from TS3W.exe in the base game\bin, do you get an error? Did you by any chance use the crack that came with your Fast Lane Stuff torrent? If you did, you may be able to solve this by applying the fix.

Hi,

I tried this upon your suggestion but it made no difference.
Thanks anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 06 May 2013, 05:38

So did you get an error when starting from that file Lady Eldi had suggested?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:03

Have you tried this thread?
They seem to have fixed a similar problem...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:51

invalidusername wrote:So did you get an error when starting from that file Lady Eldi had suggested?

Yep I did get an error

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 06 May 2013, 14:48

mayahalo wrote:

Yep I did get an error
What was the error?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:06

invalidusername wrote:
mayahalo wrote:

Yep I did get an error
What was the error?

Whenever I click on the TS3.exe application, my cursor loads for a second and then nothing happens Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 06 May 2013, 15:09

That's not technically an error Wink But it's still helpful to know.

Can you open the launcher and have the launcher work fine, just not run the game?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:12

Sounds like a fix problem. Did you follow all the steps?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:14

Shamrock wrote:Sounds like a fix problem. Did you follow all the steps?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I did. Shall I give it another go then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:21

Ok wait, rereading everything, I got a question: what happened to the "Error during startup" message? Do you still get it? Is this fixed?
And what about the Launcher, like invalidusername said?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:38

Shamrock wrote:Ok wait, rereading everything, I got a question: what happened to the "Error during startup" message? Do you still get it? Is this fixed?
And what about the Launcher, like invalidusername said?

Yep still getting that stupid 'error during startup' messafe. And the launcher won't work at all! Only pops up to show me that message, I click ok and it closes the launcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 15:40

Have you tried this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 07 May 2013, 20:07

Shamrock wrote:Have you tried this?
Hello,

You already linked to that video in your first reply.
But watch it carefully, if you didn't already.

If that didn't work either, please let us know where exactly you got all your games from.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 May 2013, 21:50

AHH I followed the fix instructions again very closely. It's working. Thank you everyone for your patience and support.

:newfag:

Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 07 May 2013, 22:44

Hello,

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top