Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to open Sims3EP08Setup.exe file. Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to open Sims3EP08Setup.exe file. Error. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to open Sims3EP08Setup.exe file. Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 14:47

Hello everyone!

First of all. I've been using your Sims 3 cracks for a long time and I it saved me houndreds of euros. Thank you so much !

Since I got a new pc I tried to download Sims 3 again with all the new expensions. I downloaded: Seasons, UL, Showtime, Generations and many stuff packs too! (I have a bought copy of base game, LN, Pets, WA and ambitions) I never had any problems installing the Sims 3 from here or applying the cracks. But now I do Sad

I don't understand why but everytime I try installing the expensions or stuff packs. Something goes wrong! I can't get through step 1 of the installation guide (Opening Sims3EP08Setup.exe). When I try to open it, I get an error message saying:

>SetupNew/setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PHUID:
S15.0.0.480
@Windows Vista Service Pack1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.10.9200.16540

After I click 'Ok' windows says the file isn't installed correctly. I have no clue why the error is mentioning Windows Vista Service Pack1 as well. Since I have Windows 7 x64, just doesn't makes sense to me!

Back to top Go down

Unable to open Sims3EP08Setup.exe file. Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to open Sims3EP08Setup.exe file. Error. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 May 2013, 15:49

Hello,

Probably something that went wrong when you extracted it, which program did you use?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Unable to open Sims3EP08Setup.exe file. Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to open Sims3EP08Setup.exe file. Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 May 2013, 17:02

Oh. I know what I did wrong. I used 7Zip for extracting the file instead of WinRar. I feel such a noob sometimes. xD

It's working perfectly now!

Thanks anyway for the quick reply!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 09 May 2013, 17:18

Hello,

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top