Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - No Disc Found for 7.3.2.011031 - pre-Generations installation. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - No Disc Found for 7.3.2.011031 - pre-Generations installation. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 - No Disc Found for 7.3.2.011031 - pre-Generations installation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 17:43

Hi,

I purchased Sims 3 base game, then installed the other expansions from Games4theworld. All was well until I updated my game to version 7.3.2.011031 yesterday.

I have not downloaded or installed Generations expansion pack yet. But now my game is showing that "No Disc Found" message. I purchased my game from EA & downloaded it into my computer, so I have no discs to start with.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can you please help?

Thanks!

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - No Disc Found for 7.3.2.011031 - pre-Generations installation. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - No Disc Found for 7.3.2.011031 - pre-Generations installation. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 20:24

simstress wrote:Hi,

I purchased Sims 3 base game, then installed the other expansions from Games4theworld. All was well until I updated my game to version 7.3.2.011031 yesterday.

I have not downloaded or installed Generations expansion pack yet. But now my game is showing that "No Disc Found" message. I purchased my game from EA & downloaded it into my computer, so I have no discs to start with.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can you please help?

Thanks!

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN
Hello,

Please do the following to fix this problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - No Disc Found for 7.3.2.011031 - pre-Generations installation. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 - No Disc Found for 7.3.2.011031 - pre-Generations installation. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jun 2011, 21:14

so there's no way to make this work without installing Generations? Because I've followed the directions, but since I still don't have Generations, it's not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 04 Jun 2011, 21:17

simstress wrote:so there's no way to make this work without installing Generations? Because I've followed the directions, but since I still don't have Generations, it's not working.

Hello,

Well, for now only installing Generations (by following the steps from the link I posted in my previous post) can fix all / most of the problems.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 17:20

It still didn't work. It's still asking for Sims 3 disc insertion.

When I copied & pasted "TS3W.exe" & "TSLHost.dll" from the ultimate fix folder to the C-drive folder, it never asked me to copy & replace the two files like it did with all the previous expansions.

In fact, I uninstalled & tried reinstalling the Generations, however, it never created these two files in Bin folder.

Upon installation, the only files I have before adding the forementioned 2 files in the Bins folder for the Generations are:
Sims3Launcher.exe
TS3EP04.exe
Sims3EP04GDF.dll
eaunistall
Sims3EP04
GraphicsRules.sgr
skuversion

I don't know what to do next. Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 20:51

simstress wrote:It still didn't work. It's still asking for Sims 3 disc insertion.

When I copied & pasted "TS3W.exe" & "TSLHost.dll" from the ultimate fix folder to the C-drive folder, it never asked me to copy & replace the two files like it did with all the previous expansions.

In fact, I uninstalled & tried reinstalling the Generations, however, it never created these two files in Bin folder.

Upon installation, the only files I have before adding the forementioned 2 files in the Bins folder for the Generations are:
Sims3Launcher.exe
TS3EP04.exe
Sims3EP04GDF.dll
eaunistall
Sims3EP04
GraphicsRules.sgr
skuversion

I don't know what to do next. Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Hello,

If you don't get the pop-up telling you the files already exist, you're copying to the wrong folder. Please NOTE that you shouldn't copy the crack to the Generation's game directory, but to the base game's game directory, which is as following by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Now you should get that pop-up and choose "Replace".
Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jun 2011, 04:56

Thank you so much for all your help & patience Smile. It's working beautifully Smile

Admin edit: You're welcome. Have fun playing! Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top