Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Followed the instructions, still having some issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Followed the instructions, still having some issues. [SOLVED] Empty Followed the instructions, still having some issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 00:39

I happened to get my copy from thepiratebay, but I think it's pretty much from the same source. Heres the issue I am having. At first when I downloaded it I got the message saying that my copy of Generations might not be genuine, so I went ahead and downloaded your crack and placed it inside the appropriate file. Now when I try to launch it one way I get a lovely error message and it says Unable to start game. Service initializing failed (0x0175dcbb). If I try to launch it from TS3EP04 it loads, but still says it isn't genuine, and to contact EA. Got any suggestions? I don't think the copy I have is bad, because many people have commented that it works fine on their computers. Sigh. Is it just me? Did I do something wrong? Help! It's a rainy Saturday and all I want is the new Sims expansion! Smile Thanks very much!

Back to top Go down

Followed the instructions, still having some issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Followed the instructions, still having some issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 00:41

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Followed the instructions, still having some issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Followed the instructions, still having some issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 00:48

ohhhh! I think I get it now, I was trying to apply the crack to this file Computer----program files----EA----Generations, when I should have been applying it to Computer------Program Files-----EA-------The Sims 3, is that correct, or am I reading it wrong? Dang it, I love this game, but I'm just not THAT computer savvy...wish I were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 00:51

BuffyTVS22 wrote:ohhhh! I think I get it now, I was trying to apply the crack to this file Computer----program files----EA----Generations, when I should have been applying it to Computer------Program Files-----EA-------The Sims 3, is that correct, or am I reading it wrong? Dang it, I love this game, but I'm just not THAT computer savvy...wish I were.
Hello,

Yes, you're exactly right. You have to copy it to the base game's directory.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 00:56

Ok, I uninstalled and am now going to re-install Generations. I have already applied the crack, so I should just be able to install and run then, correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 00:59

BuffyTVS22 wrote:Ok, I uninstalled and am now going to re-install Generations. I have already applied the crack, so I should just be able to install and run then, correct?
Hello,

No, with installing Generations, it's going to overwrite the crack. Do as following:

1. Install Generations.
2. Open the launcher and update to latest version.
3. Close launcher and apply crack.
4. Happy playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jun 2011, 01:01

Issue is resolved. Thank you so much for all your help, you've made this girls Rainy Saturday Afternoon! All Hail the mighty Admin...ok...that might be going a bit far, but again, Thank you so much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 05 Jun 2011, 01:03

BuffyTVS22 wrote:Issue is resolved. Thank you so much for all your help, you've made this girls Rainy Saturday Afternoon! All Hail the mighty Admin...ok...that might be going a bit far, but again, Thank you so much Smile
Hi there,

You're most welcome. I hope you enjoy playing the game.
Please visit again if you ever have any more problems. For now, have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top