Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Base Game Installation Help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Base Game Installation Help. [SOLVED] Empty Base Game Installation Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 22:59

Hi, so I already have the sims 3 installed on my computer but i unintalled it because it was the complete set and i realized i didnt use all the expansions and it was a waste of computer space so i downloaded the G4TW base game iso torrent...... i have no experience with ISO's or any knowledge of them. I downloaded Magic ISO and figured out how the mount the startdisk and disk1 and all was well until the installation started, the game has asked me to insert disk 1 and from following the torrent instructions i pressed browse and pressed on the SIMS3 file but no information comes up when i press it, i clicked ok and the installer said "setup can not be found on specifed path or disk" i know this is probably something extremly simple because in all the walkthroughs ive found online it doesnt even mention that. But i would really like to have the base game installed so i can install the select expansions i like which is easy enough. So please help m

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) downloads support (PC)".

- Carlos G.

Last edited by watchsparks1 on Sat 25 May 2013, 04:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Base Game Installation Help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Base Game Installation Help. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 03:22

watchsparks1 wrote:Hi, so I already have the sims 3 installed on my computer but i unintalled it because it was the complete set and i realized i didnt use all the expansions and it was a waste of computer space so i downloaded the G4TW base game iso torrent...... i have no experience with ISO's or any knowledge of them. I downloaded Magic ISO and figured out how the mount the startdisk and disk1 and all was well until the installation started, the game has asked me to insert disk 1 and from following the torrent instructions i pressed browse and pressed on the SIMS3 file but no information comes up when i press it, i clicked ok and the installer said "setup can not be found on specifed path or disk" i know this is probably something extremly simple because in all the walkthroughs ive found online it doesnt even mention that. But i would really like to have the base game installed so i can install the select expansions i like which is easy enough. So please help m

Hello,

Probably the most simple solution to this is the following: (it needs some disk space, though)
Create a new folder somewhere. Now open that .ISO file with Magic ISO, and search for something like "extract all contents to specified folder" (or something with a similar wording). You want to extract ALL the contents of the .ISO to the empty folder you created before.

After extraction, all of your files necessary for installing should be in that folder now. Now run the "setup.exe" - or whatever it's called.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 25 May 2013, 06:37; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Base Game Installation Help. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Base Game Installation Help. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 04:55

It worked, thank you so much!

Helper edit: OK, I'm glad to hear that. And remember: the best solutions are the ones which don't just work, but are simple and elegant too Laughing. Happy simming! Topic closed.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top