Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation Problem of Base Game. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation Problem of Base Game. [SOLVED] Empty Installation Problem of Base Game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:42

Hey guys,

I'm new and for the last week, been trying to install The Sims 3 on my gf's mac for her
using many different versions and such but I've been failing. I stumbled across you guys and have looked at roughly 5 difference ways to install just from you guys and none have worked. I mainly looked at the 'How to install The Sims 3 correctly forum created by Admin.

I've installed the game, tried to install a listed expansion, "couldn't find the Sims 3 game", patched it to v1.47 using the mac manuel patch, couldn't install any other other expansions. Tried from scratch several times.

A little about me: I'm a windows user, but know a little about MAC's, and I am quite used to
downloading/installing/cracking using .iso's, .rar's and many others. Point is, I'm certain the
mac leopard 10.6.8 has more than enough requirements to play the game.

I was considering using RELOADED's base game as I usually download from there (Sorry to say Razz) but I realised what wrong is happening.
I downloaded G4TW's base game which consists of the two ISO's. Now when I go to install it, and select the StartDisk, it installs fine without asking for another disk (this is when I was complementing the Mac at how smart it was that it figured I mounted both images and they related to each other and it switched between them automatically - I was wrong). I later saw the size of the Sims 3 folder in the Applications directory, and saw that it was only 2.8 GB. I then realised it was installing, and completing installation, of the 1 and only StartDisk and not even moving onto the next.

Again, I'm not a usual Mac user, so ANY help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated. Currently I am finding ways to merge the two .iso's into 1 file so that I can install it that way without switching from
one to the other, if possible.

Any help will be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Tom
Smile

Back to top Go down

Installation Problem of Base Game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installation Problem of Base Game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 09:47

Hey Tom,

Pick up the Reloaded version of the base game. The G4TW base game version isn't compatible. You can pick up whatever expansions you want from here, though, and they should work.

Here's a full guide on how to do the installation on a mac:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7248-how-to-install-sims-3-with-or-without-ep-s-on-mac-dmg-creating

If you have further questions, let us know!

Back to top Go down

Installation Problem of Base Game. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installation Problem of Base Game. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:39

Ahh! That makes sense.

I did not think of that. Maybe it should be stated in the thread, 'How to install The Sims 3 correctly', that Mac users must download the base game from elsewhere? Because there are links everywhere on the G4TW site that lead to Razz

Thank you very, very, VERY much! Smile

I'll let you know how it pans out!

//EDIT

Nope. Same error. This time the base game was 5.97 GB, so it was
definitely the full version. I'll re-download the RELOADED version just
in case mine is corrupt or incomplete.

Have you personally seen that the RELOADED version is the same as G4TW?
Also,
could you please give me a specific link to a torrent by RELOADED with
whichever uploader you like, in case the uploaded who uploaded the
version I have has messed around with it.

Thanks in advance! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 19:49

yasman1992 wrote:Maybe it should be stated in the thread, 'How to install The Sims 3 correctly', that Mac users must download the base game from elsewhere?

That is stated in the thread by rachiiemay that I have linked to you. They also include a link to TPB with the Reloaded version that they used in the guide. Is this the one you are using?

yasman1992 wrote:Have you personally seen that the RELOADED version is the same as G4TW?

No they are different; the Reloaded is compatible with Macs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:05

antiskub wrote:
That is stated in the thread by rachiiemay that I have linked to you. They also include a link to TPB with the Reloaded version that they used in the guide. Is this the one you are using?

Yes it is.

antiskub wrote:
yasman1992 wrote:Have you personally seen that the RELOADED version is the same as G4TW?

No they are different; the Reloaded is compatible with Macs.

Sorry, didn't mean same as G4TW. I meant to say that they work together. Meaning RELOADED's base game and your EP's and such, but nevermind that either as the guide was made on that bases so I can only assume it's a 'yes'. xD

I'll do this guide once more and let you know what happens.

Thank you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:19

Yep, all the expansions are fully compatible Smile

Make sure you delete the old Sims 3 installer that you were using and empty the trash bin afterward, in case of a mixup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:13

Okay so I followed the guide, and before installing any EP's or anything, I thought I'd test just the base game itself. I applied the .plist and .exe files (crack) that RELOADED version provided and hit launch to test.

The game icon came up on the bar at the bottom of the mac (Windows user - Unsure of its name Razz..) and then bounced a few times before disappearing along with the launcher icon.

I looked into the problem on the Sims Faq page and it basically said to remove all custom content. I looked up locations for it and I believe I removed some custom content, and to be safe, the cache and such. Although this was the base game, does it come with custom content? I saw a folder called 'Custom Music' which had a few files in it. I removed that out of there as well to see if any changes happen. None.

I also saw FreeNoodles' post on opening the info.plist file in text edit to change a line. That was no help as the line was already fixed.

Suggestions? Smile

Until I hear back, I'll continue with the guide.

//EDIT

Please note: I have also tried to continue with the guide, but I cannot get past Step 7,

"After
you have installed The Sims 3 base game, UPDATE IT FIRST before
installing EP's. (just click "yes" and "okay" to all questions asking if
you want to update) *NOTE* update WILL take awhile.",

although
it's unclear how to update. If it means to open the launcher and hit
update, that doesn't work as I get a "There are no patched available for
download" message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 00:50

The base game has no content content. The "custom music" comes with the base game and it functions as a radio station within the game where you can put in whatever jams you want. (a cool function i think Razz)

Download this cumulative patch to update the game to 1.47:
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/sims3/patch.html
It's the first one on the list, specifically for macs. You can then manually patch your game. You *may* need to reapply the crack afterward, if it gives you a disk authentication error.

PS: The bar at the bottom of the mac screen is called the "dock" Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 03:23

Oh I see. That is cool. Kinda like what GTA did so that you could listen to your own music whilst driving a car.

Is this different to the one found in step 2 of the '*MUST READ* How to install The Sims 3 correctly' because that points to a manuel patch to 1.47, and theres a specific mac one too. I'l try it whilst the one you gave me is downloading from their server at 40kb's (draining my life xD). If only there was a torrent version of the link you provided.

The dock! That's it. Never sticks in. Hehe. Cheers Smile

Thanks again for everything Antiskub, you've been awesome.

//EDIT

Also, could you please clarify something for me:
Step 12 of the guide
that you provided, which Mac crack is that? The one that comes with the
RELOADED version? Or the EP (I got Diesel Stuff) or is it part of
'The_Sims_3_fix_MAC', which if so, Diesel Stuff isn't part of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 04:46

You will need to use the files from the Mac Ultimate Fix, which are included in the folder called "The Sims 3 – Seasons & Supernatural &Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" (under step 10 of the fix).

As far as the patches go, I would say try the manual patch first, and if it doesn't work, try the cumulative patch. I just found EA's release of the Mac Super Patcher here: https://help.ea.com/article/problems-patching-the-sims-3 (You will definitely need to recrack the game after using this though.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 08:10

Ahh I see! Diesel Stuff is there! I must be a tad blind then xD.

Okay so i reached the end of the guide and whilst whilst opening Diesel Stuff I'd get an error.

So I decided to start from scratch with a new copy downloaded from RELOADED, which was the one you recommended. I also thought best to try the base game and see if that works first rather than move on..yet anyway.

I started from scratch, installed the base game (with Australia region - Not exactly sure if it makes a difference so thought I'd be safe and let you know), then I applied the cracked files in their rightful place. The launcher opens and then when it starts opening the game, several Sims icon come up on the doc, bounce a little a couple times and disappear. No custom content installed yet.

Suggestions Antiskub? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 08:25

yasman1992 wrote:I started from scratch, installed the base game (with Australia region - Not exactly sure if it makes a difference so thought I'd be safe and let you know), then I applied the cracked files in their rightful place. The launcher opens and then when it starts opening the game, several Sims icon come up on the doc, bounce a little a couple times and disappear. No custom content installed yet.
\

Did you manually patch it using the cumulative patch? (Either the official Sims 3 EA one or the one from strategy informer)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 08:42

Yes I did with the one I had, not sure where I got it from (from G4TW somewhere but I downloaded your recommendation and I've yet to try it out. The one I had has the same name as the official EA one, which I'm downloading now to try next.)

But I wanted to try the base game on its own first to see if it'll work, it didn't. I'll continue with the cumulative patch that you recommended first, before again restarting the process with the EA version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 08:46

UPDATE: The cumulative patch that I had was the one you recommended so I have already tried it. After unzipping it, the end outcome file was the exact same name and size as the one I had. It even added a "2" at the end to signify another copy.

//EDIT

Update No.2: Just reinstalled the game with the recommended RELOADED
version and using your recommended patch (which was exactly like mine),
after mounting the EP and installing and applying the crack, got to the
end and the same thing happened.

The launcher wont even open, it
just comes up with the Sims 3 Icon, then the Diesel Stuff Icon, then an
error message "Unknown error occurred".

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT

Just a quick question on the side..

In the guide you provided, how many times do I need to apply any sort of crack?

Because
I was looking at the 'game update error solved' sticky thread and he
applied the crack before patching. Should I do that? I've been patching
and then installing EP. And applying crack only once thoughout the
entire guide - at the very end.

//EDIT

Update No.3: I got it to work with just the base game. I'll work on the
rest later. For now, disregard all I've said, work no more on it. Thank
you Smile

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your post instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 16:18

Good to hear it's working!

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top