Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green icon non playable Sim...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green icon non playable Sim... Empty Green icon non playable Sim...

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 23:26

I am on my SECOND generation of University Life sim. I sent the sim to University...played a total of five minutes and the game crashed. when I got the game running again, the sim icon is green and non playable. This is the third time this has happened but the first time after a crash. I don't know what I am doing wrong really and its getting quite frustrating. Hopefully there is a fix?

Back to top Go down

Green icon non playable Sim... Empty Re: Green icon non playable Sim...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 May 2013, 01:08

RockSteady22 wrote:I am on my SECOND generation of University Life sim. I sent the sim to University...played a total of five minutes and the game crashed. when I got the game running again, the sim icon is green and non playable. This is the third time this has happened but the first time after a crash. I don't know what I am doing wrong really and its getting quite frustrating. Hopefully there is a fix?

Hello,

Try deleting the following cache files:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

I would also try to use the "resetsim" cheat: press Ctrl+Shift+C. Now in the console that opens up, type "testingcheatsenabled true". After that, open the cheat console again, but now type "resetsim (first name of your sim) (last name)".

If this doesn't work, I suggest you download & install the "NRAAS" Master Controller mod. Click on your sim then, go to NRAAS/Master Controller and search for an option called "Reset sim".

//EDIT

I forgot to mention that the cache files (in Windows) are located in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 25 May 2013, 01:13; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 01:12

Thanks I will try those suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top