Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At a loss. Downloaded and applied all cracks but says "insert cd".

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At a loss. Downloaded and applied all cracks but says "insert cd". Empty At a loss. Downloaded and applied all cracks but says "insert cd".

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 21:55

Where am I going wrong here? I downloaded The Sims 3" with about 5 other expansion packs. Along with it, it had the cracks and instructions. I followed them to a T, or at least I thought I did. I go into the game, which I have to go into Outdoor living TS3SP03 in the bin file to do so. I click on it and it goes and loads but once it gets past the first part that loads it says there is no disk and insert it. I believe that I put the right stuff in the right folders so I am unsure why I am getting this. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

Back to top Go down

At a loss. Downloaded and applied all cracks but says "insert cd". Empty Re: At a loss. Downloaded and applied all cracks but says "insert cd".

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 May 2013, 22:00

bddrawson wrote:Where am I going wrong here? I downloaded The Sims 3" with about 5 other expansion packs. Along with it, it had the cracks and instructions. I followed them to a T, or at least I thought I did. I go into the game, which I have to go into Outdoor living TS3SP03 in the bin file to do so. I click on it and it goes and loads but once it gets past the first part that loads it says there is no disk and insert it. I believe that I put the right stuff in the right folders so I am unsure why I am getting this. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

Hello there,

Assuming you have correctly installed the fix, go into the location of the base game (Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin) and double-click on the TS3W.exe. Does this make any difference ?

//EDIT

Do you have AT LEAST one of the following expansions? 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations. Otherwise the fix won't work.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

At a loss. Downloaded and applied all cracks but says "insert cd". Empty Re: At a loss. Downloaded and applied all cracks but says "insert cd".

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 22:07

No, It does not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 22:10

The real problem here, I think, is that you used the cracks from the torrents. Which you shouldn't have, because they're not up to date...
First, check that your game has the latest update, if needed use the manual patch.
Then, use the latest Ultimate Fix: drag and drop the files from the Crack folder to your base game installation folder as instructed, so C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
Good luck and tell us the results!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 May 2013, 22:11

bddrawson wrote:No, It does not.

Did you download the games from "Games4TheWorld" ? If you REALLY installed the fix correctly, and it still doesn't work, then I suggest you do a clean uninstall of your game - and start over then. Have a look at this here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Read it very carefully. And you should delete the registry keys manually.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 22:14

Shamrock, I bet that is it. Okay. I am assuming that I have to uninstall it all and do it again? Or can I just get the ones here and replace them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 22:17

No, no. Just follow my instructions! It should be fine!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 May 2013, 22:18

bddrawson wrote:Shamrock, I bet that is it. Okay. I am assuming that I have to uninstall it all and do it again? Or can I just get the ones here and replace them?

Again, ONLY use the files from the Ultimate fix Wink, and nothing else. If this doesn't work, then you might consider un-installing it all.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 15:56

Okay guys. I couldn't sit there anymore yesterday and mess with it. I was about to rip my hair out. So I took everything out and am starting all over again with your suggestions. Wish me luck, because I vowed not to get up until I fix it lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 15:57

Too bad, I'm sure you could have done without uninstalling...
Well good luck, tell us how it went!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 16:08

I tried Shamrock. It still wouldn't work. I think I messed with too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 16:10

Ok then. Good luck!
To be sure, install games one by one, and open the Launcher after each install to check for updates (if there aren't any it's fine).
Then, at the end, use the latest Ultimate Fix: drag and drop the files from the Crack folder to your base game installation folder as instructed, so C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
Tell us the result!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 16:53

I should be alright. These are the ones I have.
1. The Sims 3
2. The Sims 3: World Adventures
3. The Sims 3: High-End Loft Stuff
4. The Sims 3: Ambitions
5. The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff
6. The Sims 3: Late Night
7. The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff
8. The Sims 3: Generations
9. The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff

Carlos G. wrote:
bddrawson wrote:Where am I going wrong here? I downloaded The Sims 3" with about 5 other expansion packs. Along with it, it had the cracks and instructions. I followed them to a T, or at least I thought I did. I go into the game, which I have to go into Outdoor living TS3SP03 in the bin file to do so. I click on it and it goes and loads but once it gets past the first part that loads it says there is no disk and insert it. I believe that I put the right stuff in the right folders so I am unsure why I am getting this. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

Hello there,

Assuming you have correctly installed the fix, go into the location of the base game (Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin) and double-click on the TS3W.exe. Does this make any difference ?

//EDIT

Do you have AT LEAST one of the following expansions? 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations. Otherwise the fix won't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 16:55

Yep, Ultimate fix will be working just fine.
Follow my instructions in my last post! Good luck!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 16:56

Shamrock wrote:Ok then. Good luck!
To be sure, install games one by one, and open the Launcher after each install to check for updates (if there aren't any it's fine).
Then, at the end, use the latest Ultimate Fix: drag and drop the files from the Crack folder to your base game installation folder as instructed, so C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
Tell us the result!

Never thought about checking for updates after every install. Now I do know that in the past when I have done this there were some that didn't have the origional files that I replace with the cracked files. Was I missing something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:01

No, simply maybe your game wasn't up to date, or you didn't have the latest version of the Ultimate Fix...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:30

Okay. I have it all installed, now time to do the cracks. Wish me luck LOL. I feel like I am about to deliver my first born lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:30

Lol. Only the files in the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix are required!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:36

10. For The Sims 3 – University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations: open the "University Life & 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!) and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

I have Generations and Town Life Stuff. What do I do with this step? Do I use the Town LIfe Stuff RAR file and drag just that one to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:39

Like I said. Open the Ultimate Fix, open the Crack folder.
Take the two files, and move them to your base game installation folder as instructed, so C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
if asked to replace, say yes.
That should be enough to make the game work.
Trust me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:40

Okay. LOL I just don't want to screw up and have to restart this process again for the 5th time LOL. You know, I usually do well at cracking games. I surprise myself most of the time. That is why it is frustrating that I can't get this one lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:41

Don't worry, it should be fine!! Just for your information, everything that isn't in the Crack folder is the original files of the game. Since you just installed, they are all already there! So just the Crack is fine!!
Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 17:53

I did it... lol life can resume.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 18:05

ty for all of your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 22:43

Hello I am having the same insert disc problem. I'm getting rather frustrated as I've been **** with these downloads for almost 3 days now trying to get them to work, The only time it worked for me I managed to have everything up to Generations working and I used somebody elses base game torrent + High end loft stuff + World adventures + key, but once I installed Showtime it stopped working and I had to completely uninstall everything, not only that but reDOWNLOAD everything (Which took over 24 hours) cause my hard drive is only 75 GB so I have to delete the .rars as I install the games. I started making system restore points though, hopefully they will come in handy.

So far I have everything installed in this order
The Sims 3, World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, and Ambitions, I tried them one by one after each install, I followed the instructions in each guide perfectly and placed the crack files in the right places but so far every time I get "Please insert " " game disc" after the main title screen gets done loading and I get to the neighborhood selection screen. I read above I need at least one of a certain expansion, so Imma install Late Night then generations and see if it works after that. My current version of TS3 is 1.50.56.021002 but the launcher is asking me to update to TS3EP02_4.10.1.011031_Update.exe
I also plan on installing Supernatural, Seasons, Diesel Stuff, and 70s 80s & 90s stuff. Also as far as I know, your Ultimate Fix link is dead, it just brings me to an error page.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top