Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure  Empty Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 13:52

Hello

I have problems installing world adventure expansion pack. It goes perfectly fine until I need to install patches. I have followed the advice in '# Installation Guide' folder, but when I need to install patches, the message 'Invalid file found' or something like that.

All my Sims 3 expansion is from 'games4theworld', also the base game.

Should I use the Ultimate fix before I install WA? Smile

I installed the following expansions: Ambitions, Generations, Seasons, Supernatural and Showtime. And there were no problems with them.

I've searched the forum but I could not find anything that could help me.

Thanks in advance Smile

//EDIT

5. Now open the 'Crack 3' folder and start the 'Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe'
patch.

^ That's where it goes wrong Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure  Icon_neutral

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure  Empty Re: Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure

Post by invalidusername Wed 12 Jun 2013, 18:43

Please follow the instructions given in this thread. Read them all very carefully, as the instructions given with the expansions are out of date, and the only reason you need to open them at all is for the verification code.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure  Empty Re: Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 20:24

Sorry, but I do not understand what it is I need to read? I usually follow the instructions in the thread. I have at least done with all the other expansions and the base game Wink

So I should not follow the advice in '# Installation Guide'? But just follow the advice the other thread? I just followed the advice in the folder because there was just so many things you had in relation to the other expansions! Shocked

So to sum ​​up: Should I just install WA without installing all the patches? (And just ignore '#Installation Guide') 

PS Sorry if I'm hard to understand, but I'm from Denmark and English is not my native language Facepalm

//EDIT

Well... I figured it out! Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure  294340757 

I just ignored the 'Installation Guide', and followed the steps in 'how to install Sims 3 correctly'... Problem with installing The Sims 3 World Adventure  Icon_redface 

Thanks for the help, you guys rock :-D

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 12 Jun 2013, 22:33

Hello,

That's basically what I was about to say: the instructions that come with the downloads have become obsolete. Follow the up-to-date instructions from the page Invalidusername linked you to at all time, and you're good to go.
Note this:
Admin wrote:1. Install The Sims 3 and all expansions you like, but install AT LEAST one of the following expansions: University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations.* (You may skip all the "# Crack" folders. You DO NOT need to use any "# Crack" folders!)

Is there anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top