Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID) Empty PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID)

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jun 2013, 20:24

Hi, First I wanna thank you all for your downloads and help. I have The sims 3 from Razor 1911 and It worked fine, then I installed some expansions from you (Ambitions, Pets, World Adventures, Seasons and University Life). When I loaded the game it didn't work because I was having the same problem of this user https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9293-sims-3-seasons-stops-working-with-additional-issues-solved So I uninstalled everything and I Installed all the games again following this instructions https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly And I'm having the same problem but now with University Life.... This is what it looks like:

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID) S111

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID) S210

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID) S310

And when I load the Launcher it says this is the version (I have updated following the instructions)

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID) Image10

I Also did The Sku thing and the DEP... So I don't know what else can I do to solve the problem, i don't have any download content.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID) Empty Re: PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID)

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 00:00

Ok, let's try and clear the cache. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and delete the following:
¤ CASPartCache.package
¤ compositorCache.package
¤ scriptCache.package
¤ simCompositorCache.package
¤ socialCache.package
Then, also delete the folders DCCache, DCBackup, WorldCaches, and Thumbnails. (You might loose saved items in the process, if you don't want to just don't delete DCBackup.)
Does this help?

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID) Empty Re: PLEASE HELP. PROBLEM WITH LOADING THE SIMS 3 AND EXPANSIONS (I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING YOU SAID)

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 00:23

Thank you I'm going to try that. But now I uninstalled all my sims again and I download The sims 3 base game from Games4theworld (I'm having a hard time installing the 2 disks) but I'm going to do that then follow the instructions of "MUST READ" Thread and I'm going to let you know. 

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sun 16 Jun 2013, 02:04

One common fix for this is to install the games in English. I know this may not be the best choice, but it has worked in the past.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 02:32

Thanks. Yes I don't mind installing the game in english. I'm going to try that too. For now I installed Sims 3 from Games4theworld and it works great but now I have to install the expansions!! so I'm going to see what happens.

//EDIT

ok, so I don't have the problem of the pictures anymore Very Happy so I hope the game works fine. Now I have a few questions, why do I have to "buy" some neighborhoods with sims points?? is that normal? I don't remember doing that before... And can I install custom content like clothes?? or the game will crush?? and my last question... I'm downloading Generations... so When I install it do I have to use the crack files from The fix again?? or update or something??

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND YOUR PAGE!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Jun 2013, 06:01

Muffy_Blue wrote:Thanks. Yes I don't mind installing the game in english. I'm going to try that too. For now I installed Sims 3 from Games4theworld and it works great but now I have to install the expansions!! so I'm going to see what happens.

//EDIT

ok, so I don't have the problem of the pictures anymore Very Happy so I hope the game works fine. Now I have a few questions, why do I have to "buy" some neighborhoods with sims points?? is that normal? I don't remember doing that before... And can I install custom content like clothes?? or the game will crush?? and my last question... I'm downloading Generations... so When I install it do I have to use the crack files from The fix again?? or update or something??

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND YOUR PAGE!!!

Hello,

I suggest that inside the game you go to the options menu and turn off that "in-game store" Wink. And then you wait for a little while until the Admin has re-uploaded all the store stuff - this means you can download everything for free here Very Happy.

If your custom content is in ".sims3pack" file format, then you put the files into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads. Then you open the launcher and go to "downloaded items". Now the items that you put into the "Downloads" folder should show up. Just mark the item and click on "Install" then.

But if your custom content is in ".package" file format, have a look at this here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Scroll a bit below and then you find something like
"2. Download the ready-made FrameworkSetup.zip". After you unzip that, you should get a folder with the name "Mods". You have to put this "Mods" folder into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Inside that Mods folder, you will find the folder "Packages"------------------> in that folder you have to put your ".package" files then.

Of course, you always have to make sure to read the descriptions of the custom content you are downloading. For example, if you download some "NRAAS mods" (like MasterController, Debug Enabler, etc.) you always have to make sure that the version of your mod is compatible with your version of the Sims 3 BASE GAME. Wink

And after downloading Generations I suggest you re-apply that manual patch (even if it says that "your game is updated already"). Then you re-apply the two files from the #crack in the Ultimate fix. NEVER use the cracks that are inside the expansions you download; you should ONLY use the #crack from the Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top