Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 17:28

Hey everyone , I've just finished downloading the sims 3 some Eps and applied the ultimate fix that I found on the site but then when I first open to play it , I'm confronted to a common problem : After choosing a neighborhood , it starts loading and at a certain point it freezes then I've got the "sims 3 stopped working " error and the game closes

I've seen in many forums , some fixes like disabling DEP , updating graphic card and force off the vertical sync , really tried everything , the Crash Log analyzer gives me this report :

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz
Processor Architecture: x86
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (512 MiB)

Games Installed: The Sims™️ 3 (1.42.130.019002), The Sims™️ 3 World adventures (2.17.2.011032), The Sims™️ 3 Ambitions (4.10.1.011031), The Sims™️ 3 Late night (6.5.1.011031), The Sims™️ 3 Generations (8.0.152.011001), The Sims™️ 3 Showtime (12.0.273.015001), The Sims™️ 3 seasons (16.0.136.019001)
Custom Content: Yes (1 found)

[UNKNOWN] 24/12/2012 16:39:42
OS Version: 6.1.7601
TS3 Path: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
TS3 Version: 0.2.0.190
Installed RAM: 3,00 GiB
TS3 Free VM: 1,10 GiB / 2,00 GiB
Crash Type: BREAKPOINT
Crash Address: 0x0058b226 "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0018a226

Also I tried with a custom neighborhood , the crash occurs at a later point ,but still in the loading screen just after picking up the neighborhood in the menu

I suspect the problem coming from a text glitch I have in the menu while choosing the neighborhoods , some text is missing as you can see in the picture :

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED] Untitl10

finally I'd like to show you the registry ,may be the problem could be also related to missing files in the sims 3 cause in some pictures of others' registry ,I've seen other files such as country , locale and SKU but this is mine :
Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED] Untitl11

I'm sorry for my english , it isn't my native language but I hope you understand my problem and thanks for any help you can provide Smile

Last edited by fansim on Thu 27 Dec 2012, 10:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 24 Dec 2012, 17:56

Hello,

Start with doing steps 2-4 on this page (again).
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 17:59

thanks for your answer , I'll do so and post the result

//EDIT

I tried but it still crashes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:07

Hello,

Try backing up and removing this folder, please: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:18

In your registry screenshot you went to the wrong location. Under Electronic Arts all you'll find is the ergc information (or cd keys). For all of the other keys relevant to running the game look at HKLM\Software\Sims\*

For your error, it's probably RAM related. Since you're x86 (32bit) I'd try increasing your virtual ram, however you'll have to find instructions and guidance on that elsewhere as it requires quite a bit of knowledge on your specific system to get a value that will be beneficial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:27

Hey admin and hexorcist ,
Admin ,tried your fix before I post my problem in here , also tried it now still no changes.

Hexorcist , for the registry I'm not wrong , HKLM stands for HKEY LOCAL MACHINE right ? if it's then I'm in the right location , for sims 3 eps I've "locale" but still no country and no SKU.

I'll see about your fix too ,But I want to say that the first time it crashed , the CLA reported that it was problem due to patching WA ,ambitions and LN ,I fixed that by patching them to the latest versions and then restarted my game again so the second time it crashed for the reason I wrote in here . and the crash type for a custom world is an "access violation reading address 0x102e941c" , is this one about a virtaul RAM issue too ??

Thanks anyway Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:29

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:31

The SKU is only required for the base game and World Adventures - and they must be the same in both (usually 1 or 2 but it doesn't matter as long as they're the same).

The access violation (if that's what it's showing in the log parser) is typically due to DEP, er the lack of the programs being in DEP rather.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:37

thank you a lot admin ,I found all of the files country and SKU under actually I needed to go to Wow6432Node and not to EA directly.

Hexorcist , I looked for the solution of Virtual RAM ,I'm about to try it .
For DEP , I first added all the sims 3 .exe from the bin folder of sims 3 and it's eps to the list of exceptions. As it kept crashing I only checked the first option in DEP (Windows services only.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:39

Hello,

Are you sure you added all of the game's .exe files to the DEP? I recommend watching the video here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 19:44

Aside from the DEP information, something isn't right with your registry. Based on information you've provided to us (ie: this from the log parser "Processor Architecture: x86" and your information on the right) there should not be a Wow6432Node branch. That branch is specifically used on 64bit systems for 32bit emulation. On 32bit systems it's non-existant because 32bit emulation is not needed and no 32bit software whether it's ran on an x64 or x32 machine checks that location for information [Windows detects the architecture and fools it into thinking it's in Software\ either way].

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 20:06

that's strange , I wasn't aware of the wownode thing for 64-bits only but I'm sure (and as the log parser indicates it ) I'm running on 32-bits and here's the picture for the wow6432node
Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED] Untitl12

excuse me I'm a nood in these stuff ,is it normal that it contains stuff packs and eps that I don't have ?

In anyway , admin I'm sure I put every .exe in the DEP fix (the only .exe that refuses to go in the DEP exception list is S3Launcher.exe ,but note that the sims3launcher.exe finely got added to list) . I'm thinking about how Virtual RAM I should add for now . And even if it dosen't work may I ask if unistalling sims 3 seasons could fix this problem ?? Cause I remember months ago , I used to have sims 3 base game,ambitions ,late night and world adventures and working just fine , I'm assuming the problem is due to later Eps then.

ETA : increased virtual RAM , still crashes , so I'll be looking for antoher solution for few hours ,if I don't find any , I'll be deleting seasons Sad

ETA 2 : asked my brother about it , he told me we have a 64-bits processor and 32-bits OS which makes it 32 bits at the end,so that may be explain the woW6432node folder and the x86 ..

but thanks for all of you for taking time to fix it and mostly to admin for the ultimate fix too ,even if it didn't work for me ,saw a lot of people happy with the result of your fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 00:00

fansim wrote:
ETA 2 : asked my brother about it , he told me we have a 64-bits processor and 32-bits OS which makes it 32 bits at the end,so that may be explain the woW6432node folder and the x86 ..

That's not quite how it works.. but I'm going to take a stab in the dark. You used one of the older versions of my Registry Helper tool I'm betting. One of the versions prior to deciding to go straight x86 builds. Either way, you can delete that Sims branch in the Wow6432Node branch because nothing is ever reading or writing to it anyway (prove this to yourself using ProcMon if you like). I'd bet the same thing can be said about the Microsoft branch too (the one in Wow6432Node), but since I'm not sure what's in it, and my tool didn't create that branch -- it could be some MS tool that I'm unaware of that made the keys and requires them for some reason. The Sims folder that the game uses on your machine isn't in the Wow6432Node branch -- you can see it in one of the screenshots you posted, near the top.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 07:50

Well I decided to reinstall the whole thing and see if it works this time, but thanks for explaning the thing about wow6432node and for taking your time Very Happy
ETA : sorry to bother but when reinstalling sims 3 using this guide : https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , do I need to put a crack for every game I install or do I just mount the .iso and install withtout cracking any game and ONLY at the end ,when using the ultimate fix , I just use the folder "# Crack" ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 25 Dec 2012, 12:21

Hello,

As you can see from that guide, you don't use any cracks at all, until you've installed everything. Keep in mind that only the base game is an ISO, our EP/SP's are not.

I think this will solve your problem. I bet the crash is a result from your obviously corrupted previous install. Don't forget to restart your pc when you're done uninstalling.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 13:11

I'm downloading from your site every game of sims 3 this time , so surely following your instructions it should work.Thanks Lady Eldi Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 25 Dec 2012, 13:55

Hello there,

We'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Dec 2012, 16:29

of course I will and thanks
ETA : Hey , it worked like a charm this time Sims 3 seasons stops working with additional issues [SOLVED] 294340757! no lags et no missing text ,worlds loaded fastly and no problem , I've even discovred that the loading screen of seasons in the first installation was wrong as it appears plain white and in this one I've seen pictures of seasons ! anyway !! you've really made my day so THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of you here for helping me ,your downloads are really trust-worthy , I guess I've got a corrupted copy in the previous installation .

Now I can go making my machinima ,thanks to you cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top