Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash Empty Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 08:10

Hello,

I have been working on getting the Sims 3 working for a while now and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm running a Solid State, so my preference would be geared toward working with what I have - and I replaced all original files so my source should be irrelevant before having gotten the fix (the ultimate fix posted on this site).

Anyhow, when I load the Sims via TS3W.exe, It seems to work at startup with the notable exception that it is missing most art assets. This continues through some field I am guessing is related to login or naming something (before the township select screen) but I cannot see the labels and therefore have no clue. The game reliably crashes upon attempting to load Twinbrook, though I am relatively certain this would happen with any township I load.

I have no previous saves and as far as the Sims 3 should be concerned, I have no history on this particular system. Any assistance is appreciated. Many thanks.

I am running W7 64x and the following:
S3 Vanilla
S3 Generations
S3 Pets
S3 Seasons
S3 World Adventures
S3 Ambitions
S3 Supernatural
S3 Fast Lane
S3 Town Life
S3 Late Night

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash Empty Re: Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:32

What is Sims 3 Vanilla??
And what is a Solid State? Sorry Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash Empty Re: Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:00

Sims 3 Vanilla = Original Sims 3. I do that for the sake of specifity. Just like, Vanilla Starcraft is Starcraft, not Brood War.
As for Solid State - that's a type of hard drive. Solid State Drive. 

Anyhow, I was hoping someone could help me get to the bottom of this :\

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 17 Jun 2013, 03:10

Could you get a screenshot of the problem?

Is your game installed in a language other than English?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 03:23

It is in English, and the other details:
Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash Ts3w_210

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash Ts3w_211

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash Ts3w_212

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash Ts3w_213

After the last one, it crashes (I can't tell atm, but the last should be it loading into twinbrook then crashing)

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 17 Jun 2013, 06:21

This is (mostly) a common problem. However, that last screenshot is a little worrying. It's bringing up two pages, the loading screen, and the user interface.

Just to clarify some details, this is the very first install of sims 3 on this computer? And it's never worked properly?

Also, were your games downloaded in a "complete" package, by any chance?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 20:52

First installation. I did start the Sims after WA, but I've added more expansions since (no save file, however).

It worked properly then - but I was working solely from Reloaded releases (I would probably have stuck with them, except I couldn't get good seeds or find them for many of the x-packs)

Nope. I got them from some mixed sources, however, none of them hack anything except those files you included the originals for. Reloaded, Vitality, and G4TW.

My sole guess is that a patch I applied outside of the one included might be to blame. I may have to reinstall :\

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top