Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Empty Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2019, 21:07

Hi, 

I hope you are well. So just as the title suggests, the Custom Music folder is missing from the game folder in Documents. I really need it because I have to put a few files in there (required by a few mods and CC I have).

Thanks,

Pink_Uniqueorn

Back to top Go down

Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Empty Re: Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Jun 2019, 21:18

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:Hi, 

I hope you are well. So just as the title suggests, the Custom Music folder is missing from the game folder in Documents. I really need it because I have to put a few files in there (required by a few mods and CC I have).

Thanks,

Pink_Uniqueorn

Hello again,

If tuning into a radio station in-game (doesn't matter which one) doesn't make the folder show up, try creating one yourself. Tip: tune briefly into every available radio station in-game, and then exit. Normally the folder "Custom Music" and the subfolders should be there.

See also:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t18221-how-to-add-custom-music-into-your-sims-4-game

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Empty Re: Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2019, 22:31

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:Hi, 

Thanks,

Pink_Uniqueorn

Hello again,

If tuning into a radio station in-game (doesn't matter which one) doesn't make the folder show up, try creating one yourself. Tip: tune briefly into every available radio station in-game, and then exit. Normally the folder "Custom Music" and the subfolders should be there.

See also:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t18221-how-to-add-custom-music-into-your-sims-4-game

Carlos is tha man
Hello,

Thanks for the help, gh0stm4n. Though my game is having some problems loading up now, so I will only be able to test out your method when I am able to start up the game again.

(PS: sorry for the late reply)

Kind regards,

Pink_Uniqueorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jun 2019, 22:51

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:So I will only be able to test out your method when I am able to start up the game again.

Which problems when starting up the game...?  Suspect
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2019, 23:02

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:So I will only be able to test out your method when I am able to start up the game again.

Which problems when starting up the game...?  Suspect
Well, first of all, thanks for asking. Second of all, terrible, terrible problems! Why God. I have no idea what is even causing them. I mean, the short answer is that mods/CC are causing them, but it is not some specific CC or mod. I have done the 50/50 method a thousand times but I am not able to track anything down specifically. Every single time, it is a random mod or CC. Then a few days later, it is some other mod or CC. My Mods folder is honestly just losing every single mod and CC one by one.

I was thinking... perhaps maybe alpha CC  is causing this? I mean, I really am no expert when it comes to computers and softwares and other stuff related to that, but let's just say my PC is great for anything but gaming. I have heard that alpha CC is not the wise choice for PCs that do not do well with games, so I just thought of it as a possible explanation. I used to play Maxis-match for a while, until recently when I decided I wanted to do the whole realism thing. I do not remember exactly when my game had problems starting up, but it was after I decided to go alpha.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jun 2019, 23:09

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
Well, first of all, thanks for asking. Second of all, terrible, terrible problems! Why God. I have no idea what is even causing them. I mean, the short answer is that mods/CC are causing them, but it is not some specific CC or mod. I have done the 50/50 method a thousand times but I am not able to track anything down specifically. Every single time, it is a random mod or CC. Then a few days later, it is some other mod or CC. My Mods folder is honestly just losing every single mod and CC one by one.

I was thinking... perhaps maybe alpha CC  is causing this? I mean, I really am no expert when it comes to computers and softwares and other stuff related to that, but let's just say my PC is great for anything but gaming. I have heard that alpha CC is not the wise choice for PCs that do not do well with games, so I just thought of it as a possible explanation. I used to play Maxis-match for a while, until recently when I decided I wanted to do the whole realism thing. I do not remember exactly when my game had problems starting up, but it was after I decided to go alpha.

Oh, sorry to hear. But since I don't really play The Sims 4 anymore (yes, really) these days, I'm afraid I cannot really help much with mods & custom content issues.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?  On occasion I still fire up The Sims 2 & 3, but not really 4.

But from my general experience I can tell that sometimes "combinations of mods" are the key. So instead of taking individual mods in/out one-by-one, maybe you have to put them in certain groups. So all mods of a certain group must be taken in/out, not just individual pieces of mods. I know it's difficult to explain in words. But maybe check out the sources of where you download the mods from. Usually creators will give further information on which mods "belong together" or related issues.

Sorry I can't really help more here.  I'm so happy emergaw
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2019, 23:23

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:

Oh, sorry to hear. But since I don't really play The Sims 4 anymore (yes, really) these days, I'm afraid I cannot really help much with mods & custom content issues.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?  On occasion I still fire up The Sims 2 & 3, but not really 4.

But from my general experience I can tell that sometimes "combinations of mods" are the key. So instead of taking individual mods in/out one-by-one, maybe you have to put them in certain groups. So all mods of a certain group must be taken in/out, not just individual pieces of mods. I know it's difficult to explain in words. But maybe check out the sources of where you download the mods from. Usually creators will give further information on which mods "belong together" or related issues.

Sorry I can't really help more here.  I'm so happy emergaw
It is all right if you can not help much, but I appreciate the help that is given.

The way I group my Mods is that I have three folders in the Mods folder: Objects, CAS, and Build Mode. Now their names are pretty self-explanatory, so let's just say that out of these folders, CAS has a bunch of subfolders (for example: one for hair, other for clothing, other for accessories, and so on). Now for script mods, I place them in a folder and then put them in the Mods folder. For example, let's say I downloaded luumia's NoGlo mod. I would put the mod's files in a folder titled "luumia - NoGlo" and then put the folder in the Mods folder. That is basically how my Mods folder is structured.

Again, it is fine if this is not your field. I will try what you described, but I will also post about my issue in the official Sims forums, thanks. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 14 Jun 2019, 23:25

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
It is all right if you can not help much, but I appreciate the help that is given.

The way I group my Mods is that I have three folders in the Mods folder: Objects, CAS, and Build Mode. Now their names are pretty self-explanatory, so let's just say that out of these folders, CAS has a bunch of subfolders (for example: one for hair, other for clothing, other for accessories, and so on). Now for script mods, I place them in a folder and then put them in the Mods folder. For example, let's say I downloaded luumia's NoGlo mod. I would put the mod's files in a folder titled "luumia - NoGlo" and then put the folder in the Mods folder. That is basically how my Mods folder is structured.

Again, it is fine if this is not your field. I will try what you described, but I will also post about my issue in the official Sims forums, thanks. Very Happy

If you need to ask for help on other sites/forums, make sure to NOT mention that your game is pirated. Even if they ask you...just say that you have bought the game on Origin. Most (other) sites don't like it when people pirate the game.

Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jun 2019, 23:43

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:

If you need to ask for help on other sites/forums, make sure to NOT mention that your game is pirated. Even if they ask you...just say that you have bought the game on Origin. Most (other) sites don't like it when people pirate the game.

Cookie from Carlos
Yes, I will remember that, thank you very much. Though I do have the base-game on my Origin account, as I was able to get it when it was available for free. I have learned from my mistakes... I got banned on the MCCC server because they figured out I was a Pirate (basically, I asked for help, posted a last exception file, and they realized my game was a version before the current one). Though I am glad I have been kicked or banned or whatever, as reading about them here on the forums makes me realize they are nothing special, and that they are rather nasty. Pffffffffffffff

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 15 Jun 2019, 00:03

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:I have learned from my mistakes... I got banned on the MCCC server because they figured out I was a Pirate (basically, I asked for help, posted a last exception file, and they realized my game was a version before the current one). 

I mean, yes, it's always important to make sure that the mods you use match the game version of your (pirated) game. And if there is a new patch out, it will come out on Origin first. Basically it's worth waiting a little while with grabbing new mods, during that "intermediary period". When the new cracked patch is out, then patch the cracked game. Grab the new mods, etc. But you probably know all that already.  Oh my...

In that context I'm not sure what information can be derived from these last exception logs. As said, if you make sure that the patch version of your game is compatible with the mods you use, then everything should be fine already.

And it's not just that Discord. Basically all these American-based "social media platforms" entertain the same mentality: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. I wonder if there are any tangible benefits for people like the staff on the MCCC Discord. Maybe they will get a free lunch at some point? Or a 5-minute "meet and greet" with one of these Simgurus (essentially C-level celebrities, at most)? Or a free autograph? 

But hey, other platforms have different priorities. The things that we do on G4TW for example will also be seen as dubious, by anti-piracy proponents.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jun 2019, 00:53

The_gh0stm4n wrote:I mean, yes, it's always important to make sure that the mods you use match the game version of your (pirated) game. And if there is a new patch out, it will come out on Origin first. Basically it's worth waiting a little while with grabbing new mods, during that "intermediary period". When the new cracked patch is out, then patch the cracked game. Grab the new mods, etc. But you probably know all that already.  Oh my...

In that context I'm not sure what information can be derived from these last exception logs. As said, if you make sure that the patch version of your game is compatible with the mods you use, then everything should be fine already.

Yes, I do know all that, but a good reminder always helps, so thanks.

And it's not just that Discord. Basically all these American-based "social media platforms" entertain the same mentality: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. I wonder if there are any tangible benefits for people like the staff on the MCCC Discord. Maybe they will get a free lunch at some point? Or a 5-minute "meet and greet" with one of these Simgurus (essentially C-level celebrities, at most)? Or a free autograph?

I honestly do not even know why anyone would want to kiss the asses of the worst game development team ever. I mean, sure, they made a nice game, and have inclusive options for LGBTQ+ players and other options for racial diversity and all (but then again, isn't that expected from a life simulation game? I am pretty sure there will be an uproar if such options were excluded from the game), but let's not forget their terrible Moschino collab, and their nerve to wait four whole months to kick and investigate the case of a disgusting 27-year-old pedophile from their Game Changers program. The Game Changers program is a mess in every way. Literally every single "Game Changer" who makes CC and mods also neglects the guidelines by hiding his or her mods behind ad.fly or other annoying paywalls, but I guess that is better than pedos. 

But hey, other platforms have different priorities. The things that we do on G4TW for example will also be seen as dubious, by anti-piracy proponents.

I know piracy is wrong (though where I live at the moment, despite it being a modern and rich country, piracy is not as big of a deal as it is in other countries; people literally make a living here selling pirated games, though there are regulations), but it could not be worse than being lazy about a fricking pedo in your company's program.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Jun 2019, 23:28

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
(...) but let's not forget their terrible Moschino collab, and their nerve to wait four whole months to kick and investigate the case of a disgusting 27-year-old pedophile from their Game Changers program. The Game Changers program is a mess in every way. Literally every single "Game Changer" who makes CC and mods also neglects the guidelines by hiding his or her mods behind ad.fly or other annoying paywalls, but I guess that is better than pedos. 

Wait, wait...is that "Game Changer" person, by any chance, related to that MCCC Discord-server?

I recall someone once opened a topic here, mentioning a staff member there with (potentially) pedophile "preferences"... Rolling Eyes
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2019, 03:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
(...) but let's not forget their terrible Moschino collab, and their nerve to wait four whole months to kick and investigate the case of a disgusting 27-year-old pedophile from their Game Changers program. The Game Changers program is a mess in every way. Literally every single "Game Changer" who makes CC and mods also neglects the guidelines by hiding his or her mods behind ad.fly or other annoying paywalls, but I guess that is better than pedos. 

Wait, wait...is that "Game Changer" person, by any chance, related to that MCCC Discord-server?

I recall someone once opened a topic here, mentioning a staff member there with (potentially) pedophile "preferences"... Rolling Eyes
No, the pedo is some Dylan guy. EA tried to suppress the news, but the kitten eventually got out of the basket. As for the guy you are referencing, his preferences were legal, but still disturbing, given he was like 30+ and talked about getting with girls aged 18-early twenties (as well as older women, but the bit about getting with younger ones is creepy and weird, not going to lie..). 🤢

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2019, 03:41

Dylan was 27-years-old at the time of the news, and he went after boys aged 16-17 and sent them sexually explicit messages. They informed the senior "Gurus," but they were lazy about it.

I found a link with more details.
Code:

https://kotaku.com/teenagers-say-ea-brushed-off-reports-of-sexual-harassme-1833166213

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2019, 22:21

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:Dylan was 27-years-old at the time of the news, and he went after boys aged 16-17 and sent them sexually explicit messages. They informed the senior "Gurus," but they were lazy about it.

Hm.

I wonder what would have happened if he had chosen to go after girls aged 16-17... Question

Yes, yes, double-standards everywhere.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2019, 22:27

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:Dylan was 27-years-old at the time of the news, and he went after boys aged 16-17 and sent them sexually explicit messages. They informed the senior "Gurus," but they were lazy about it.

Hm.

I wonder what would have happened if he had chosen to go after girls aged 16-17... Question

Yes, yes, double-standards everywhere.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Double standards suck... Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2019, 22:33

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing. Double standards suck... Why.

That reminds me of something I wanted to relate as well on here!! #storytime

Once upon a time there was a user on here, according to the profile a 14-year-old girl (!), and we were chatting on the chatbox. I already had a weird feeling...not sure, intellectually, whoever was behind that user account, sounded more mature/ older than 14. 

Eventually that person sent me a private message here, making "romantic advances". I turned that down and stopped all communications. Yes, age difference was a main reason of course, but there were also secondary reasons. Like I hinted, whoever was using that account sounded a lot smarter/mature than your average 14-year-old girl. My thinking was, this could have been someone who specifically wanted to "expose" me or something, and thereby indirectly implicating G4TW as a whole. 

I have a sixth sense for this kind of stuff. I know what's going. I cannot be fooled.  #dealwithit
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2019, 22:48

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:That reminds me of something I wanted to relate as well on here!! #storytime

Once upon a time there was a user on here, according to the profile a 14-year-old girl (!), and we were chatting on the chatbox. I already had a weird feeling...not sure, intellectually, whoever was behind that user account, sounded more mature/ older than 14. 

Eventually that person sent me a private message here, making "romantic advances". I turned that down and stopped all communications. Yes, age difference was a main reason of course, but there were also secondary reasons. Like I hinted, whoever was using that account sounded a lot smarter/mature than your average 14-year-old girl. My thinking was, this could have been someone who specifically wanted to "expose" me or something, and thereby indirectly implicating G4TW as a whole. 

I have a sixth sense for this kind of stuff. I know what's going. I cannot be fooled.  #dealwithit

Whoah!!  Surprised  

Maybe it was 'just' some kind of a catfish though. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Jun 2019, 23:43

Nina wrote:Whoah!!  Surprised  

Maybe it was 'just' some kind of a catfish though. Razz

Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 51F7ZBJ
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2019, 23:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing. Double standards suck... Why.

That reminds me of something I wanted to relate as well on here!! #storytime

That's just gross... Though it could be a real 14-year-old. I mean, I do not know how old you are, but some 14-year-olds are into older people -- I'd know, they're (sort of) in my age group, and let's just say I've heard things (and no, I'm not like that).

Still, I get what you mean: the possibility of it being a troll or some sort of "spy" is also very likely. How disgusting; the measures people would take to "expose" someone or something. Killkillkillkill!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Jun 2019, 23:28

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
I do not know how old you are, (...)

My age is classified information, and only known by a select few 'insiders' on here!  Haters gonna hate

Though if you look at the list of my favorite games, maybe there are some items that could give you a clue. But enough said!111

We've got a Carloz.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 00:25

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:
I do not know how old you are, (...)

My age is classified information, and only known by a select few 'insiders' on here!  Haters gonna hate

Though if you look at the list of my favorite games, maybe there are some items that could give you a clue. But enough said!111

We've got a Carloz.
Probably above 30, but I understand the privacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:19

Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:Probably above 30, but I understand the privacy.

Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 FX1kqQT
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Jun 2019, 20:21

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Pink_Uniqueorn wrote:Probably above 30, but I understand the privacy.

Custom Music Folder Missing from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 FX1kqQT
I understand IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jun 2019, 16:46

Oh, I got so caught-up being off-topic that I forgot to mention that I ended up fixing the error where the game wasn't starting up. I am applying the Island Living DLC right now, and then I will follow your steps to make the Custom Music folder appear again. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top