Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Generations Freezes. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Generations Freezes. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Generations Freezes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 20:11

Hi,
I just downloaded the sims 3 generations, along with the sims 3 ultimate fix. I did what was explained, but only with the stuff packs and Generations I had downloaded from Games4theworld (The other expansions are original, these are: Base Game, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night). And I keep getting this message:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficcial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifictaiones or get updated versions of the, - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs"

If I play anyways, the game freezes in Live mode.

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Admin edit: Topic moved to right secton.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations Freezes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations Freezes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 21:29

This should be in the Downloads Support sections.

This might help:

Uninstall all of your Sims 3 games and expansions, then delete the Electronic Arts folder in your Program Files. Restart your computer. Install the base game, then immediately after, install Generations. Then install any other expansion you want. Open the Sims 3 Launcher and check for updates, which there should be one. Crack using the Ultimate Fix, found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Remember: skip any patching/cracking the installation guides ask you to do. Just follow the guide above.

Remember to ONLY crack Generations, and also remember to place the Generations crack in C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Generations Freezes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Generations Freezes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 23:11

Didn't work Sad Again, the same message, and Live mode freezes so I have to shut the game manually.

PD: Sorry, didn't know where to post this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2011, 23:17

Hi there. Would you mind telling me what Operating System you are using, whether it is 32 Bit or 64 Bit and which exapansions and stuff packs you are installing?

Some problems may be due to the fact you are using retail versions. This hasn't been verified though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:10

Hi, I'm using Windows 7 and it is 32 Bit
I'm installing every expansion and stuff pack, altough some of them are downloaded ans the others are original

The original are: Base Game; World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night

And the downloaded ones are: High-End Loft, Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, Generations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:14

Try installing every game in the order they have been released by EA and see if that works. Be sure to update after installing each game. Then apply the Generations crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:17

I already tried that, didn't work :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:20

Did you apply the Generations crack to the base game's Game/Bin folder? If you did then try downloading the games4theworld versions rather than using the retail versions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:24

Yes I used the games4theworld ultimate fix, but when I finished installing I didn't remember I had to update in the launcher. I mean, I copied the files under in th "Generations" folder, and then y copied the files in thw "# Crack" folder. Did I have to patch/update between these copies?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:29

When I installed every expansion and stuff pack myself I updated through the launcher before proceeding to update the next game. And once I had updated every game I applied the generations crack to the base game and it worked like a charm. So you could try like I did. Install each game in retail order making sure to update each game you install before proceeding to install the next.

Sims 3
WA
HELS
Ambitions
FLS
Night Life
OLS
Generations

Updating each of those games once installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:34

Okay, and while I'm updating I have to crack the games? Or I crack everything when I finish the installation of all the games?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:36

Crack when you finish, using only the Generations crack, and place it is C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:38

I've already mentioned that IDunc Smile Please read all post before replying to a topic. This way there will not be a bunch of repeated suggestions and we can keep eliminating problems. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:39

I was answering his question....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:42

Favorlock wrote:And once I had updated every game I applied the generations crack to the base game and it worked like a charm

Yet I had provided an answer in the previous post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 00:54

Clearly he didn't read/misread that part, or he wouldn't have asked the question. We're here to answer his questions, and that is what I did. No need to carry it on like you are. In fact, there was no need to say anything about it in the first place. He asked a question, I answered, and it's done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:09

Still I need to crack the stuff packs, do I crack them right after I install each of them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:11

You don't need to. You only crack using the Generations crack from the link below when you are done installing everything.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:12

You do not crack the expansion packs or the stuff packs when you have Generations installed. Only apply the Generations crack to the Base Game's /Game/Bin/ folder. If you crack any of the expansions or stuff packs it will not work most likely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:18

Okay I will try that. Although I don't need to crack the stuff packs, I still need to copy the files in the stuff pack folders of the ultimate fix, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:20

No. Only worry about the Generations folder in the Ultimate Fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:21

You only need to copy those files if you cracked any of the expansions or stuff packs. Those are the original files and are needed in order to update your games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:26

Okay thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 01:27

No problem, glad we could help. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 04:12

Ok I just have finished installing every stuff and expansion pack, I did what you told me, didn't patch nor crack anything, except for Generations. I used the files in the "# Crack" folder. Once again, the message appeared, I played anyways and the game freezed. I had to shut down my computer because the game won't answer.

This is really annoying! What can I do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top