Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back up my game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back up my game? Empty Back up my game?

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:12

Is there a way to "officially" back up my game. I have Island Paradise ready to install and I'm skeeeeeerrrrrrred. I remember when I installed another EP (supernatural), it started off playing so smooth and great, and all of a sudden from an update or something (!?) I was getting TONS of error 12's and I stopped playing (.... stopped letting my daughter play, rather) Crying or Very sad I'm just nervous this install is going to bork something... I'm copying my EA in My Docs folder to my desktop, but I know that it's "the game", just where shit is stored... so I'm wondering what you all would suggest, so that if this thing breaks, I can just drag n drop or something and magic will happen? (*snicker* I'm not that naive, but you get the drift...)

THANKS Smile I love youI love youI love you

Admin edit: Moved.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Back up my game? Empty Re: Back up my game?

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 17:56

"Officially"? Might wanna look that word up in the dictionary. Anyway, yes there is a way:

-Right click on the game folder and select "Copy".
-Go to Desktop (or anywhere else).
-Right click on the background and select "Paste".

Done, you now have a backup of the game. Won't do you much good if an update breaks your game though, I think those errors are logged in the registry and prevent the game from starting.

Why not just reinstall the game if it breaks? It's not like you lose any progress / custom content / sims / etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 18:24

Seriously, reinstall ALL the games?! Holy balls, NO WAY. I have ALL of the EP's and SP's... shit no, that would take me 12 yrs! I'd rather just risk borking it... joking. I did the "OFFICIAL" way of backing up and installed Island Paradise... I'm soooo not impressed. Thanks for your answer though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top