Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Island Paradise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: Island Paradise Empty The Sims 3: Island Paradise

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:28

This is my all-time, very favorite expansion pack. After only one day of play. It gives you so much more to do that is really fun and interesting. I started a new character and built her a cool little houseboat. It has everything she needs and allows her to go where she needs to be to furthur her chosen career as a professional scuba diver. 

On day one I found lots of valuable stuff, met a mermaid, got attacked by a shark, kicked it's booty and got a shark tooth worth 1800 simoleons, took some nice underwater photos and posted quite an interesting blog to the web. Day two was even better. Well, except for she decided to go to Summerfest via water taxi and lost her new jet ski forever. I searched all over for it but it's just gone. Blame it on "The Simuda Triangle" ... I guess. 

The new hairs and outfits are okay'ish but nothing spectacular. But it's more than made up for by the new water vehicles. I'm talking sail board, paddle boats, jet ski, row boat, sail boat, two power boats, water skiing and of course, a home that moves. The houseboats are slow but once you are there...there you are. You can fish from it, snorkel or scuba from it. Get a pizza delivered to it. Then jump into the shower and off to bed. It's just awesome.

I haven't even started on discovering the uncharted islands and building a resort yet. That will be awesome too I'm betting. This was definitely worth pirating. thank you very, very much GFTW. You guys rock as always.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Island Paradise Empty Re: The Sims 3: Island Paradise

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:49

Wow nice!!
Haven't been able to find a mermaid yet... Any advice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:15

Shamrock wrote:Wow nice!!

Keep away from the sun and don't eat lobster, gives you gas. Last thing you want underwater.

Anyways, haven't tried scubba diving yet cause I can't learn the skill, but everything else is... I was gonna say disappointing but it's pretty hard to be disappointed by EA with my expectations. So I'll go with freaking crap.

Only things I looked forward to were diving, which like I said, haven't tried, and boats, which are pretty crap. There are no cool boats worth adding to my vehicle collection, just a paddle boat, two fishing boats, a giant jetski and a watercraft that passes for a "speed boat" apparently. No cigarette boats, no yachts, nothing interesting.

Houseboats are... houseboats, seriously who the hell wants to live ON water?

Isla Paradiso is just as dull and boring as all the post-LN worlds, only this time you're forced to buy a boat to be able to shop for groceries.

As for the content, I think it's actually less than University Life and Generations...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:51

Just go diving. I see them pretty often. They are friendly and will come talk to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:55

TUN3R wrote:

Keep away from the sun and don't eat lobster, gives you gas. Last thing you want underwater.

Anyways, haven't tried scubba diving yet cause I can't learn the skill, but everything else is... I was gonna say disappointing but it's pretty hard to be disappointed by EA with my expectations. So I'll go with freaking crap.

Only things I looked forward to were diving, which like I said, haven't tried, and boats, which are pretty crap. There are no cool boats worth adding to my vehicle collection, just a paddle boat, two fishing boats, a giant jetski and a watercraft that passes for a "speed boat" apparently. No cigarette boats, no yachts, nothing interesting.

Isla Paradiso is just as dull and boring as all the post-LN worlds, only this time you're forced to buy a boat to be able to shop for groceries.

As for the content, I think it's actually less than University Life and Generations...

It isn't GTA or Need For Speed. Having boats and jet skis at all is a marvel for TS3. And you don't have to buy a boat. There are water taxis to get you to the store. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 16:40

Kalisa424 wrote:
It isn't GTA or Need For Speed. Having boats and jet skis at all is a marvel for TS3. And you don't have to buy a boat. There are water taxis to get you to the store. Smile

Need For Speed doesn't have boats, it's a car racing game, where exactly were you trying to get with that...?

Anyway what I meant to say earlier (and did, really) is that Island Paradise's boats suck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 17:48

TUN3R wrote:
Kalisa424 wrote:

Need For Speed doesn't have boats, it's a car racing game, where exactly were you trying to get with that...?

Anyway what I meant to say earlier (and did, really) is that Island Paradise's boats suck.
NFS has very high-end 3D vehicles. While TS3 has always been more cartoonish. Yes, they suck compared to other games but it's better than nothing. We all know EA is a greedy, evil corporate monster. As you said, you can't expect to get your money's worth from them. Which is one reason I don't give them my money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 19:20

Kalisa424 wrote:NFS has very high-end 3D vehicles. While TS3 has always been more cartoonish. Yes, they suck compared to other games but it's better than nothing. We all know EA is a greedy, evil corporate monster. As you said, you can't expect to get your money's worth from them. Which is one reason I don't give them my money.

Need For Speed is a CAR racing game. It's irrelevant here... I said Island Paradise's boats suck, what does this have to do with any of that?

I am glad to see (so to speak) someone who doesn't give EA money don't get me wrong. I just don't understand what you're trying to say...

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 27 Jun 2013, 00:39

TUN3R wrote:

Haha... Yeah I hate the houseboat feature. First, the speed of a huseboat is inevitably extremely slow. Second, houseboats' decks are always in the shape of square or rectangle. What? I mean, don't they come in different shapes? When I watched The Sims 3 broadcast in March (I guess, I am not good at remembering dates and time), the Sims 3 executive (or chief. Anyway I don't care) director said the houseboats will come in different shapes and sizes!!! What difference are betweem the houseboats and immobile lots? They are no different except that houseboats can move on water.

TUN3R, don't expect too much from scuba-diving. I took the liberty of a sim with level-5 scuba-diving skill and let him go underwater. In fact, what I found underwater is just an enclosed area with different "decorations". (for instance corals, weeds, etc...) "Enclosed" wtf? This really sucks. Not to mention how small the enclosed area is. And, all I could do underwater is to collect weeds and catch fish. That's all.

Kalisa424 wrote:

Just go diving. I see them pretty often. They are friendly and will come talk to you.
I don't see any mersims underwater. They are... not pretty often.

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 04:02; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 00:52

cat2006house wrote:
Haha... Yeah I hate the houseboat feature. First, the speed of a huseboat is inevitably extremely slow. Second, houseboats' decks are always in the shape of square or rectangle. What? I mean, don't they come in different shapes? When I watched The Sims 3 broadcast in March (I guess, I am not good at remembering dates and time), the Sims 3 executive (or chief. Anyway I don't care) director said the houseboats will come in different shapes and sizes!!! What difference are betweem the houseboats and immoble lots? They are no different except that houseboats can move on water.

TUN3R, don't expect too much from scuba-diving. I took the liberty of a sim with level-5 scuba-diving skill and let him go underwater. In fact, what I found underwater is just an enclosed area with different "decorations". (for instance corals, weeds, etc...) "Enclosed" wtf? This really sucks. Not to mention how small the enclosed area is. And, all I could do underwater is to collect weeds and catch fish. That's all.

Expect? Much? From EA? Never.

Anyway that's pretty much how I pictured it, though I admit part of me hoped it would be similar to the tomb exploration from WA.

Have you tried the uncharted islands? What are they exactly? New, smaller worlds or... what?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 27 Jun 2013, 01:15

TUN3R wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Haha... Yeah I hate the houseboat feature. First, the speed of a huseboat is inevitably extremely slow. Second, houseboats' decks are always in the shape of square or rectangle. What? I mean, don't they come in different shapes? When I watched The Sims 3 broadcast in March (I guess, I am not good at remembering dates and time), the Sims 3 executive (or chief. Anyway I don't care) director said the houseboats will come in different shapes and sizes!!! What difference are betweem the houseboats and immoble lots? They are no different except that houseboats can move on water.

Anyway that's pretty much how I pictured it, though I admit part of me hoped it would be similar to the tomb exploration from WA.

Have you tried the uncharted islands? What are they exactly? New, smaller worlds or... what?
I have never tried. I don't even know how to uncover the uncharted islands under the cloud. But from what I saw in the trailors, I think they are just small pieces of land floating on the sea of Isla Paradiso. You can of course buy (or take it for free?) and build a resort.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 01:55

cat2006house wrote:I have never tried. I don't even know how to uncover the uncharted islands under the cloud. But from what I saw in the trailors, I think they are just small pieces of land floating on the sea of Isla Paradiso. You can of course buy (or take it for free?) and build a resort.

Yeah that's what I thought too, but apparently you need maps of sort to search for them, which seems pretty pointless if they are just... well, islands, and you can see them in Town View.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 14:53

cat2006house wrote:
TUN3R wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

I have never tried. I don't even know how to uncover the uncharted islands under the cloud. But from what I saw in the trailors, I think they are just small pieces of land floating on the sea of Isla Paradiso. You can of course buy (or take it for free?) and build a resort.
I found if you build up your handiness skill you can upgrade the houseboat a little. Including making it go faster. Not as fast as a speedboat of course. You can also add a foghorn and put in autopilot. In autopilot you just send it where you want to go while you watch tv or sleep or whatever.

One of the smaller uncharted islands only requires you to boat near it and it will unlock and you own it. The entire lot is buildable and free. There are 8 of them in all with different ways of unlocking them. One requires you to befriend a mermaid and she'll take you to it. Another requires you to do a quest the locals will tell you about. One unlocks if you own a five star resort. One you get to by exploring a cave after level 10 in diving skill. Another if you are a lifeguard and rescue enough people. One you need to find map pieces for. Or, you can just use the cheat "discoverallunchartedislands"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 02:34

There are curved hulls in the game.

As for the islands, they're just small lots that look like well....islands. If you want them all without the effort type discoverallunchartedislands into the cheats panel.

You need to snorkel to get the first point of the scuba diving skill started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 16:37

Best expansion pack i ever played on TS3, my only problem is that whenever i try to change my sims's clothes the game stops working then shuts down..  i hope G4TW has a solution for my problem. 

Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 18:13

julie_0724 wrote:Best expansion pack i ever played on TS3, my only problem is that whenever i try to change my sims's clothes the game stops working then shuts down..  i hope G4TW has a solution for my problem. 

Help

Are you using mods? I ask because NRAAS' error trap was updated for patch 1.55 but was updated on the 26th for causing crashing issues. 

Also any custom content you have may be having issues since the new expansion pack came out. Remove it and try to run without it to see if it makes a difference.

I had the same problem you had until I installed the updated version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top