Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Island Paradise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise Empty Sims 3 Island Paradise

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 10:28

I have installed Sims 3 base game + Island Paradise expansion pack in the same as mentioned... downloaded the manual patch.... downloaded the EP....... got the two files from ultimate fix and copied them in the bin of the base game... after all that i am encountering two errors.
1) the game when launched from the launcher would say unable to connect to origin... it will download some content...and than ask for island 3 cd
2) if i execute the game from inside the bin..... the menu comes up blank.... i can choose anything

i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of it but no avail! i really need help with this.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:43

"Unable to connect to Origin" is not a bad thing. You haven't bought the game, you shouldn't be able to connect to Origin.

I also don't advise downloading patches from launcher because the newest patch might not be cracked. Get the manual patch from here and use it to update your Sims. Apply the crack so it doesn't ask for Island Paradise CD. You can always back up the files that crack would override and put them back if you need them.

You'll have to re-install again, though, because the patch level of what you download from launcher is above current manual patch level, or at least it was few days ago when I installed it.

So, install Sims, apply the fixes I guess, apply manual patch, install Island Paradise, apply manual patch again, paste the crack (from the ultimate fix). It should work that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:53

Khadijazafar wrote:I have installed Sims 3 base game + Island Paradise expansion pack in the same as mentioned... downloaded the manual patch.... downloaded the EP....... got the two files from ultimate fix and copied them in the bin of the base game... after all that i am encountering two errors.
1) the game when launched from the launcher would say unable to connect to origin... it will download some content...and than ask for island 3 cd
2) if i execute the game from inside the bin..... the menu comes up blank.... i can choose anything

i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of it but no avail! i really need help with this.

//MOVED

Hello,

Usually this kind of error can be corrected if you re-do the steps from #2 to #4 in that guide here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Follow these steps as precisely as possible, and that should do. Good luck !

urmom wrote:"Unable to connect to Origin" is not a bad thing. You haven't bought the game, you shouldn't be able to connect to Origin.

I also don't advise downloading patches from launcher because the newest patch might not be cracked. Get the manual patch from here and use it to update your Sims. Apply the crack so it doesn't ask for Island Paradise CD. You can always back up the files that crack would override and put them back if you need them.

You'll have to re-install again, though, because the patch level of what you download from launcher is above current manual patch level, or at least it was few days ago when I installed it.

So, install Sims, apply the fixes I guess, apply manual patch, install Island Paradise, apply manual patch again, paste the crack (from the ultimate fix). It should work that way.

Patches themselves (usually) don't "crack" anything, and of course you can update your game with the launcher, and then use the "Ultimate fix" (crack). Wink And what you get with the launcher is the same as with the manual patch - namely the game version 1.67.

//EDIT

Of course, for reasons of convenience and simplicity we usually recommend updating with the "manual patch".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 12:01

Carlos wrote:Patches themselves (usually) don't "crack" anything, and of course you can update your game with the launcher, and then use the "Ultimate fix" (crack). Wink  And what you get with the launcher is the same as with the manual patch - namely the game version 1.67.

I thought the newer version is out because after I used manual patch, my launcher says there's a new update. I know that patches don't crack anything - that's why, in case the game versions from crack and patch you get from your launcher are different, it could bugger the game up. That's what I meant.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 06 Apr 2014, 12:16

urmom wrote:I thought the newer version is out because after I used manual patch, my launcher says there's a new update. I know that patches don't crack anything - that's why, in case the game versions from crack and patch you get from your launcher are different, it could bugger the game up. That's what I meant.

Again: there is no "new" game version beyond the current 1.67 one. Wink

I don't get any message from the launcher about a new update, nor do any of the other users on here realize any issues. What you got was most likely a "store content" patch, and that is totally different from the actual game update. That store content patch can be safely downloaded and installed, without affecting the game. 

P.S. rumours actually say that most likely the 1.67 patch is going to be the last one for The Sims 3, but let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 17:20

so let me get it straight... the manual patch that i have downloaded already needs to be applied twice? do i need to redownload all of that file again or just execute it twice?

ok so i m executing it twice n its updating it again... it asked me that do its the latest version blah blah and do i still want to update n i said yes.... so it is updating to 1.67.2

hopefully this works

i am getting the disk authentication failure. it is asking me to insert Island paradise disc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:23

Khadijazafar wrote:
i am getting the disk authentication failure. it is asking me to insert Island paradise disc

Did you crack the game after applying the patch?

Carlos wrote:What you got was most likely a "store content" patch, and that is totally different from the actual game update.

You're right, I realized that after I ran my game last time. I wasn't really looking before.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Apr 2014, 04:56

Khadijazafar wrote:so let me get it straight... the manual patch that i have downloaded already needs to be applied twice? do i need to redownload all of that file again or just execute it twice?

ok so i m executing it twice n its updating it again... it asked me that do its the latest version blah blah and do i still want to update n i said yes.... so it is updating to 1.67.2

hopefully this works

Hello again,

After you applied the manual patch you should apply the (latest) Ultimate fix too, if you want to play straight away. So NOW, please do the Ultimate fix again (step #4 in the guide that I posted in my first reply).

If, let's say, you want to add another expansion later on, then install the expansion, re-apply the latest manual patch and re-apply the latest Ultimate fix too. You don't need to re-download the manual patch over and over again. Just re-apply it, when needed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Apr 2014, 12:15

Hello,

I also installed Sims 3(Base) and Sims3(Island Paradise).

I just have a question what is this Script Error that pops out after "Error - Unable to connect to Origin"

Is that alright?

This is how I installed Sims3. (Didn't use any #Crack Folder only used the ones in Ultimate Fix)

1. So Sims3(Base) didn't install EA Manager.
2. Update 1.67 manual patch for Sims3.
3. Installed Sims3(Island Paradise) didn't install Origin.
4. Update 1.67 manual patch for Sims3. (Though the computer said it's already 1.67, I was just following the steps on how to correctly install Sims3.)(Did I do it right on this step?)
5. Opened Ultimate Fix Rar archive. Copy some files.(The files I only copied are those inside #Crack, or are there any other files I missed to copy, if yes where should I put it?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 13 Apr 2014, 00:34

simspiratenewbie wrote:Hello,

I also installed Sims 3(Base) and Sims3(Island Paradise).

I just have a question what is this Script Error that pops out after "Error - Unable to connect to Origin"

Is that alright?

This is how I installed Sims3. (Didn't use any #Crack Folder only used the ones in Ultimate Fix)

1. So Sims3(Base) didn't install EA Manager.
2. Update 1.67 manual patch for Sims3.
3. Installed Sims3(Island Paradise) didn't install Origin.
4. Update 1.67 manual patch for Sims3. (Though the computer said it's already 1.67, I was just following the steps on how to correctly install Sims3.)(Did I do it right on this step?)
5. Opened Ultimate Fix Rar archive. Copy some files.(The files I only copied are those inside #Crack, or are there any other files I missed to copy, if yes where should I put it?)
Hello,

Please open your own topic, so we can provide personal Support. Thank you for your understanding!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male