Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 1.55 Patch doesnt work with CC!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 1.55 Patch doesnt work with CC! Empty Sims 3 1.55 Patch doesnt work with CC!

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 03:33

Okay eversince I updated my sims 3 to the new 1.55 patch my launcher wont load at all.. I literally have to open Task Manager and close it, it will only open if i take my cc out and i reinstall my cc and load the game fine but as soon as i close it i have to take the cc out and have to reinstall them again, I dont have any serious mods only the "no intro" but thats pretty much it most of the cc is from this site and i contacted EA support they told me there should be a fix coming out soon but I wanna know if anyone else is expierencing this annoying issue, I really wanna play Island Paradise but I dont wanna sacrifice all my cc to do so, also I tried reinstalling all my sims games didnt change a thing, also restarted my computer and everything so if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!!!! I'm dying to play sims specially with the new expansion!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 1.55 Patch doesnt work with CC! Empty Re: Sims 3 1.55 Patch doesnt work with CC!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:15

Swan wrote:Okay eversince I updated my sims 3 to the new 1.55 patch my launcher wont load at all.. I literally have to open Task Manager and close it, it will only open if i take my cc out and i reinstall my cc and load the game fine but as soon as i close it i have to take the cc out and have to reinstall them again, I dont have any serious mods only the "no intro" but thats pretty much it most of the cc is from this site and i contacted EA support they told me there should be a fix coming out soon but I wanna know if anyone else is expierencing this annoying issue, I really wanna play Island Paradise but I dont wanna sacrifice all my cc to do so, also I tried reinstalling all my sims games didnt change a thing, also restarted my computer and everything so if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!!!! I'm dying to play sims specially with the new expansion!!!!!!

Hello,

Well, my launcher doesn't work either. But this is not a big catastrophe, since I can start my game directly by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe (in the base game location C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Smile  Of course, you should try that too. There is no need to "take out CC".

And if I want to install ".sims3pack" files, then I normally use "CC Magic" (google for that), since I can't open the launcher.

Good luck !

P.S. Contacting EA for support is a waste of time and effort. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 1.55 Patch doesnt work with CC! Empty Re: Sims 3 1.55 Patch doesnt work with CC!

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:52

Carlos G. wrote:
Swan wrote:Okay eversince I updated my sims 3 to the new 1.55 patch my launcher wont load at all.. I literally have to open Task Manager and close it, it will only open if i take my cc out and i reinstall my cc and load the game fine but as soon as i close it i have to take the cc out and have to reinstall them again, I dont have any serious mods only the "no intro" but thats pretty much it most of the cc is from this site and i contacted EA support they told me there should be a fix coming out soon but I wanna know if anyone else is expierencing this annoying issue, I really wanna play Island Paradise but I dont wanna sacrifice all my cc to do so, also I tried reinstalling all my sims games didnt change a thing, also restarted my computer and everything so if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!!!! I'm dying to play sims specially with the new expansion!!!!!!

Hello,

Well, my launcher doesn't work either. But this is not a big catastrophe, since I can start my game directly by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe (in the base game location C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Smile  Of course, you should try that too. There is no need to "take out CC".

And if I want to install ".sims3pack" files, then I normally use "CC Magic" (google for that), since I can't open the launcher.

Good luck !

P.S. Contacting EA for support is a waste of time and effort. Wink 

Oh I tried that too and it never loads all I see is the blackscreen so I open task manager and close it, but I'll try the cc magic thanks alot!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:59

Swan wrote:Oh I tried that too and it never loads all I see is the blackscreen so I open task manager and close it, but I'll try the cc magic thanks alot!

Hello again,

Re-start your computer. After that, lower the resolution of your computer screen (I changed mine to 1024 x 768). Then try starting the game again by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe.

By the way: installing your custom content with "CC Magic" won't help you much if you can't start the game. Crying or Very sad 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 01:19

I'm still having issues with my cc, i have to reinstall it everytime and sometimes when i install it, it stops responding and wont install, also i cant open my game =[ i dont have mods please help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:21

Do you use CC Magic? It could prove useful...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 03:04

okay cc magic worked! but the only thing thats not showing up in my game are the worlds such as, Riverview, Monte Vista, DragonValley and so on so if anyone has any ideas for all the worlds please let me know!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 05 Jul 2013, 03:45

Swan wrote:okay cc magic worked! but the only thing thats not showing up in my game are the worlds such as, Riverview, Monte Vista, DragonValley and so on so if anyone has any ideas for all the worlds please let me know!

Hello,

You mean it's not showing up in-game or in CC Magic panel? If it's not showing up in-game, I suggest you redownload and reinstall the worlds.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jul 2013, 05:04

it shows up in cc magic just not in game, i'll try that hope it works =]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:52

Is your problem solved?
Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 20:50

Have you tried renaming the sims folder in documents and restarting the launcher?

Seems a basic thing to try but from what I read above I didn't see that being done apart from reinstalling etc which I believe would had left that folder intact ( could be wrong )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 08:42

all my cc is fine though only issue i have now is trying to harvest kelp and my sim doing lifeguard stuff she never gets any pop up for her job to do stuff, btw my sim isnt a mermaid, maybe i have to be to harvest kelp but not too sure, sorry for all the trouble, and thanks for all the help with my cc =]

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:21

Hello,

Have you updated your store fix to the latest version (updated on 7/7)? The old store fix may cause this lifeguard glitch (since I have tested the store fix before).
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 23:06

ok the lifeguard thing works! but i still cant harvest kelp, my sim looks like she harvests it but i never get any =[ i even took out my mods and its not them, tried a new game still nothing, only other stuff i have is from this site is anyone else having this issue? also i figured i cant harvest any plant for some reason unless i planted it and click the "Tend to Garden" option ive never had this before

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:27

ok nevermind I figured out my plant issue, sorry for all the trouble!  and thanks to all who helped i really appreciated this, i can enjoy sims in peace now!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:29

Swan wrote:ok nevermind I figured out my plant issue, sorry for all the trouble!  and thanks to all who helped i really appreciated this, i can enjoy sims in peace now!

Hello,

Alright, Happy Simming The Sims Plumbob 1 !
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top