Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:28

so I just got done installing my Sims 3 Island Paradise, and I go to play it, (I put that crack in the sims 3 bin (base game) and I did everything correctly) and it is telling me to insert a Disk to play???

This is the SECOND Expansion pack that I've torrented from (possibly) GFTW, and the first one was Sims 3 University Life, and i had a bit of trouble, but then i found out i needed the crack, and so i put the crack in the bin, and viola. BUT, I think i know what the problem is, but i can't be sure. I think its: Because I already had the University Life crack in there, it's making me do the (2) thing for when i *move but keep both files*.
Should I just replace the file? Will I not be able to play Sims 3 University Life anymore? I'm scared that i won't be able to play it if i try my theory, because i dont remember where the crack is. o: 

If it's the same crack, shouldn't it just be the same, and shouldn't it work for both? Or am i just overthinking this, and should just move and replace files? 
someone answer soon pls I've been waiting literally ALL day for this, and last night, and I really want to try out my new stuff!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:31

cossettelee wrote:so I just got done installing my Sims 3 Island Paradise, and I go to play it, (I put that crack in the sims 3 bin (base game) and I did everything correctly) and it is telling me to insert a Disk to play???

This is the SECOND Expansion pack that I've torrented from (possibly) GFTW, and the first one was Sims 3 University Life, and i had a bit of trouble, but then i found out i needed the crack, and so i put the crack in the bin, and viola. BUT, I think i know what the problem is, but i can't be sure. I think its: Because I already had the University Life crack in there, it's making me do the (2) thing for when i *move but keep both files*.
Should I just replace the file? Will I not be able to play Sims 3 University Life anymore? I'm scared that i won't be able to play it if i try my theory, because i dont remember where the crack is. o: 

If it's the same crack, shouldn't it just be the same, and shouldn't it work for both? Or am i just overthinking this, and should just move and replace files? 
someone answer soon pls I've been waiting literally ALL day for this, and last night, and I really want to try out my new stuff!
Hello,

If you copy the crack files to the base game location, you should always replace the existing files; you should NEVER "keep the files".

Also, you should always use the two files from the #crack folder of  the "Ultimate fix". Don't use the cracks that are included in the expansions that you download.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise *NO CD FOUND - CRACK DOESNT WORK, 2ND EXPANSION. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:36

//EDIT

OOPS found it. Should have clicked a few more links before I said anything XD 

I'll update if It works.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:38

cossettelee wrote:Can I have the link to the Ultimate Fix download?
Here you are: Wink  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:50

It's still telling me "no disk found" Should i restard  my computer? 

I used to crack in the folder called "all expansion packs released including generations" 

will that one work for island paradise????

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:55

cossettelee wrote:It's still telling me "no disk found" Should i restard  my computer? 

I used to crack in the folder called "all expansion packs released including generations" 

will that one work for island paradise????
I would, in that case, download and apply the "manual" patch (if you haven't done that already): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

Afterwards, re-apply the Ultimate fix. Again, you only need the two files from the #crack folder (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll). Copy the files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

If that doesn't work there aren't too many alternatives left, I'm afraid.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:02

That says It's updating my sims though? I don't need it updated? I already have the 1.5.5 versions :c

//EDIT

and now the game launcher isn't even recognizing the fact that I have University Life. Is this going to delete all of my data now? :c 

this is getting nerve wracking :c

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:09

cossettelee wrote:That says It's updating my sims though? I don't need it updated? I already have the 1.5.5 versions :c

//EDIT

and now the game launcher isn't even recognizing the fact that I have University Life. Is this going to delete all of my data now? :c 

this is getting nerve wracking :c
Hello again,

Since I began helping out people on the forum here, I've seen a lot of similar cases like yours; and as it often turned out, something went wrong during patching and/or cracking the game.

The method that I explained to you (first run the manual patch, then the two files from the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix) is most likely the easiest method to patch/crack.

So for now: yes, re-run the manual patch (even if it says that your game is up-to-date already), and then put in again the two files from the #crack folder of the fix, into the location I mentioned above.

One more thing: please, if you want to add anyting to your post, use the "edit" button, instead of double-posting. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:19

I decided to explore and try a couple things on my own and I figured it all out. I got all the cracks correct, and I didn't have any problems with my patching or anything, and i didn't have to download any of the manual patching or whatever. 

I'm glad it's all over, but at least I'll know for future reference when I come get another sims 3 expansion pack! 

thank you, and adieu.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:22

cossettelee wrote:I decided to explore and try a couple things on my own and I figured it all out. I got all the cracks correct, and I didn't have any problems with my patching or anything, and i didn't have to download any of the manual patching or whatever. 

I'm glad it's all over, but at least I'll know for future reference when I come get another sims 3 expansion pack! 

thank you, and adieu.
OK, I'm glad to hear that, but may I ask what (you think) the problem was in your case, then ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:52

I didn't know to put the correct cracks into the folder where the expansion packs are. And the correct ones for that matter! lol

Moderator edit: Interesting, but you seemingly fixed the problem yourself. Alright, have fun! Topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top