Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 University Life setup won't open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life setup won't open Empty Sims 3 University Life setup won't open

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 03:48

I've never torrented a game before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I read the install instructions and it says "Open the 'Sims3EP09Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions."

But the Sims3EP09Setup.exe won't even work. It asks me if I want to let this program make changes to my computer and I click yes, but then this error box pops up that says:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version 9.10.9200.16614

Can anyone tell me how to make it work/what this means? I'd hate to have spent all that time downloading it and looking for a solution for nothing. Thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life setup won't open Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life setup won't open

Post by J.T. Sun 30 Jun 2013, 06:18

kaaarabearaaa wrote:I've never torrented a game before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I read the install instructions and it says "Open the 'Sims3EP09Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions."

But the Sims3EP09Setup.exe won't even work. It asks me if I want to let this program make changes to my computer and I click yes, but then this error box pops up that says:

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Can anyone tell me how to make it work/what this means? I'd hate to have spent all that time downloading it and looking for a solution for nothing. Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Have you unzipped the torrent before launching the setup? Have you patched your game to the latest version? Have you installed the base game?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 University Life setup won't open Empty Re: Sims 3 University Life setup won't open

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 06:57

cat2006house wrote:
kaaarabearaaa wrote:I've never torrented a game before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I read the install instructions and it says "Open the 'Sims3EP09Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions."

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Hello,

Have you unzipped the torrent before launching the setup? Have you patched your game to the latest version? Have you installed the base game?

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I've unzipped it, I used 7zip and I'm trying to open the setup through that. My game is patched to the latest version, and I have a store bought copy of the base game already installed on my PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 30 Jun 2013, 07:15

kaaarabearaaa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Hello,

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I've unzipped it, I used 7zip and I'm trying to open the setup through that. My game is patched to the latest version, and I have a store bought copy of the base game already installed on my PC.

Hello,

The latest verison of the game is 1.55.4, please check the version of your game by running the launcher and move your mouse cursor to the base game icon.

Since the base game was bought from a store, The Sims 3 base game folder should be located in Origin bin folder instead of Electronic Arts folder. Try to patch your game manually and start the setup of UL.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Jun 2013, 08:19

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Hello,

Try re-extracting the contents of the .RAR file to another (newly created) folder.

If that doesn't help, the only thing that would come to my mind is to re-download the whole thing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top