Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't uninstall Sims 3. To reinstall. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't uninstall Sims 3. To reinstall. [SOLVED] Empty I can't uninstall Sims 3. To reinstall. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 12:23

I installed the Island Paradise expansion. But couldn't get it to work even after i used the patch to update. And put the crack in.
I decided to just uninstall everything all the expansion and the sims 3 basegame.
I think i have uninstalled Sims 3, about 10 times now. And it keeps telling me that i have uninstalled it.
I then went in to where the game is on my computer, and then deleted everything.
But when i try to install the sims 3 again, in tells me they have registered a version 1.55.004 The Sims3 is allready installed. And that i'm trying to install an earlier version of the Sims3 (1.0.615).
And tells me to uninstal it, before installing.

But that is what i have been doing :S? What can i do ?

Back to top Go down

I can't uninstall Sims 3. To reinstall. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't uninstall Sims 3. To reinstall. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 12:30

Did you uninstall it from the regedit way ?

Back to top Go down

I can't uninstall Sims 3. To reinstall. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't uninstall Sims 3. To reinstall. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 12:33

I uninstalled it by going to control panel, and then "uninstall or change a program".
Sims 3 is showing in there. But all the other expansions has been uninstalled.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 12:35

01dalby wrote:I installed the Island Paradise expansion. But couldn't get it to work even after i used the patch to update. And put the crack in.
I decided to just uninstall everything all the expansion and the sims 3 basegame.
I think i have uninstalled Sims 3, about 10 times now. And it keeps telling me that i have uninstalled it.
I then went in to where the game is on my computer, and then deleted everything.
But when i try to install the sims 3 again, in tells me they have registered a version 1.55.004 The Sims3 is allready installed. And that i'm trying to install an earlier version of the Sims3 (1.0.615).
And tells me to uninstal it, before installing.

But that is what i have been doing :S? What can i do ?

Hello,

For clean reinstallation, read this.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:15

Revo Uninstaller Best uninstaller to completely remove programs or games from pc. From registry too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:44

In downloaded Revo Uninstaller and i worked perfectly.
I took a minute to delete everything.
I would never have managed to have done it by myself.

Thank you so much cagil99!
I'm so happy it finally works again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:24

You are welcome Smile The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 02 Jul 2013, 22:07

Problem solved. Happy simming!
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top