Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Screen/Sims 3 Crashes/Frustrated

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Screen/Sims 3 Crashes/Frustrated Empty Black Screen/Sims 3 Crashes/Frustrated

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 22:34

Hello there, I recently had the update problem where it did crash the entire Sims 3 that I had and so I uninstalled ALL the expansions I had and the towns. The only thing I had trouble getting rid of was the Base Game and it wouldn't even respond at first but I fixed that.

After I fixed the BASE Sims 3 game I then downloaded ALL of the expansions AGAIN and reinstalled them. Yes, I did do the Update for the game though and it is the 1.55 version. I even tried to Ultimate Fix more than twice including using different browsers and with a cleared History and I am 110% sure that I did the #Crack right because it was basically the same thing for what I did for University but every time I go to load Sims 3 Island Paradise or ANY of them it goes to the black screen for five minutes or less and then Sis stops responding so I have to start up Task Manager to end the program.

I've tried EVERYTHING I am seeing suggested on this site for the problem and I didn't miss a single step in any of the Guides given for the Expansions and all but it STILL won't work.

Everything I used from you guys before has worked but all I want to do is play the Sims 3 and now I can't even do that because none of it wants to load and it continues to crash for me. I am getting very frustrated over this and I am tired of having to download different programs left and right that is putting other Search Browsers and what not on my laptop that I don't want and it's all just getting too much for me to handle.

I love this game and ever since all of this I have not been able to play for weeks and that upsets me because I even deleted all my Custom Content and Saved Data for the game meaning I lost everything I DID have and now I have to start over which I can't do BECAUSE I keep getting the Black Screen and then Sims 3 stops responding and crashes. Windows can't even find a solution and it's just getting on my nerves.

Help?

Back to top Go down

Black Screen/Sims 3 Crashes/Frustrated Empty Re: Black Screen/Sims 3 Crashes/Frustrated

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jul 2013, 23:05

PippaliSpice wrote:
 Hello there, I recently had the update problem where it did crash the entire Sims 3 that I had and so I uninstalled ALL the expansions I had and the towns. The only thing I had trouble getting rid of was the Base Game and it wouldn't even respond at first but I fixed that.

After I fixed the BASE Sims 3 game I then downloaded ALL of the expansions AGAIN and reinstalled them. Yes, I did do the Update for the game though and it is the 1.55 version. I even tried to Ultimate Fix more than twice including using different browsers and with a cleared History and I am 110% sure that I did the #Crack right because it was basically the same thing for what I did for University but every time I go to load Sims 3 Island Paradise or ANY of them it goes to the black screen for five minutes or less and then Sis stops responding so I have to start up Task Manager to end the program.

I've tried EVERYTHING I am seeing suggested on this site for the problem and I didn't miss a single step in any of the Guides given for the Expansions and all but it STILL won't work.

Everything I used from you guys before has worked but all I want to do is play the Sims 3 and now I can't even do that because none of it wants to load and it continues to crash for me. I am getting very frustrated over this and I am tired of having to download different programs left and right that is putting other Search Browsers and what not on my laptop that I don't want and it's all just getting too much for me to handle.

I love this game and ever since all of this I have not been able to play for weeks and that upsets me because I even deleted all my Custom Content and Saved Data for the game meaning I lost everything I DID have and now I have to start over which I can't do BECAUSE I keep getting the Black Screen and then Sims 3 stops responding and crashes. Windows can't even find a solution and it's just getting on my nerves.

Help?

Hello there,

If you feel you have to un-install everything, you also have to make sure (BEFORE re-installing) that you remove or rename your "The Sims 3"-folder in My Documents/Electronic Arts (most people forget that).

But now, you don't need to un-install again, just rename the folder I mentioned into anything you like (example: "The Sims 3_backup"). See if your game works then. If yes, we will go on with further steps.

Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Black Screen/Sims 3 Crashes/Frustrated Empty Re: Black Screen/Sims 3 Crashes/Frustrated

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 02:17

Well, I went and renamed it and although it didn't make me open the Task Manager to end a non-responsive program it still crashed at the black loading screen and Windows searched for a way to solve it and yet again it didn't solve it. Should I try re-applying the Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jul 2013, 02:22

PippaliSpice wrote:
 Well, I went and renamed it and although it didn't make me open the Task Manager to end a non-responsive program it still crashed at the black loading screen and Windows searched for a way to solve it and yet again it didn't solve it. Should I try re-applying the Ultimate Fix?

Hello again,

Sorry to hear that it didn't work. Crying or Very sad

You could re-apply the "manual patch", available here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

Afterwards you apply the "Ultimate fix", to be found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Keep in mind though that you only need the two files from the #crack folder in the fix. Copy these two files into the base game location C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Of course, replace the existing files.

Otherwise you may have a look at this here too: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 02:37

I've tried all three options and it still refuses to work and I even looked at the page with the Seven possible solutions. I guess I'll have to go and un-install EVERYTHING all over again because nothing seems to be working at this point Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jul 2013, 02:50

PippaliSpice wrote:
 I've tried all three options and it still refuses to work and I even looked at the page with the Seven possible solutions. I guess I'll have to go and un-install EVERYTHING all over again because nothing seems to be working at this point Sad

Alright, now it's getting difficult, but OK.

From what you write, the game seemed to work in the past ?

Open up the "Start" menu (press the button on your keyboard with the Windows logo and the word "start"). Now go to the "Run" application. In the search prompt, type in dxdiag, after which the "DirectX" window will open. Now go to the "Display" tab to find out information on our graphics card.

Afterwards, type the name of your graphics card model into Google, and search for driver updates (you will usually find them on official sites of the card manufacturers). Download and install the driver update(s).

Otherwise I'm not sure anymore what could be wrong with your installation. If you want to do a clean un-install, you can do it either manually: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Or you use a good Un-install program like "REVO Uninstaller" (maybe you can find that on Piratebay too).

But I have to admit, that I've said (almost?) everything I know about this problem. Crying or Very sad 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top