Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 black screen, tried everything.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 black screen, tried everything. Empty Sims 3 black screen, tried everything.

Post by Guest Sun 23 Mar 2014, 00:01

I'm really about to give up on my sims 3 game. It has decided not to work no matter what I do...

Did you Read and Follow the proper steps to install the Sims 3 and its Expansions/Stuff Packs found HERE ?
Yes. I did.
Have you tried searching our Forum for the answer to your problem?
Yup. Didn't solve my problem. also I've wandered through over 20 google sites.
What where you doing prior to the problem? (i.e. installing new content, adding a Mod, etc)
I wanted to update my driver. I did. Catalyst Control Center conflicted with the new driver. Black screen. Did a system reboot. More problems in-game; I couldn't play for 2-3 minutes without the game freezing and crashing to the desktop. Decided to go and uninstall and reinstall all my drivers. Did. The black screen problem showed up again.
What OS are you running? (Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc)
Windows 7

I tried literally everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 3 TWO times now. My game is completely clean, there is no CC or ANYTHING. When I uninstalled I did it very thorough, deleting the registry keys and all that too.. Still black screen when I reinstalled.

The really simple deal is: When I start up Sims 3 in full screen, the screen is black. I can hear the music playing and all that, but I don't get a picture. Sometimes it freezes and not just Sims 3 but my whole computer screen blacks so I can't see what I'm doing. When playing in Window mode everything is fine and dandy. I tried messing around with my graphics in game, but it didn't solve anything.

ALL my drivers (and I mean ALL OF IT) is completely up to date.

The folders in the Electronic Arts folder in Documents are as CLEAN as it can be.

I'm using DEP, Razer Game Booster, running the TS3W.exe with adminstrator rights. NOTHING seems to work.

I really hope you can help me, cause I really don't wanna stop playing Sims 3.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 black screen, tried everything. Empty Re: Sims 3 black screen, tried everything.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Mar 2014, 00:37

LaraPennington wrote:I'm really about to give up on my sims 3 game. It has decided not to work no matter what I do...

Did you Read and Follow the proper steps to install the Sims 3 and its Expansions/Stuff Packs found HERE ?
Yes. I did.
Have you tried searching our Forum for the answer to your problem?
Yup. Didn't solve my problem. also I've wandered through over 20 google sites.
What where you doing prior to the problem? (i.e. installing new content, adding a Mod, etc)
I wanted to update my driver. I did. Catalyst Control Center conflicted with the new driver. Black screen. Did a system reboot. More problems in-game; I couldn't play for 2-3 minutes without the game freezing and crashing to the desktop. Decided to go and uninstall and reinstall all my drivers. Did. The black screen problem showed up again.
What OS are you running? (Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc)
Windows 7

I tried literally everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 3 TWO times now. My game is completely clean, there is no CC or ANYTHING. When I uninstalled I did it very thorough, deleting the registry keys and all that too.. Still black screen when I reinstalled.

The really simple deal is: When I start up Sims 3 in full screen, the screen is black. I can hear the music playing and all that, but I don't get a picture. Sometimes it freezes and not just Sims 3 but my whole computer screen blacks so I can't see what I'm doing. When playing in Window mode everything is fine and dandy. I tried messing around with my graphics in game, but it didn't solve anything.

ALL my drivers (and I mean ALL OF IT) is completely up to date.

The folders in the Electronic Arts folder in Documents are as CLEAN as it can be.

I'm using DEP, Razer Game Booster, running the TS3W.exe with adminstrator rights. NOTHING seems to work.

I really hope you can help me, cause I really don't wanna stop playing Sims 3.

Hello,

It's good that you (obviously) read the guide from Dracos, but what about this one question (that you didn't speak about): did you do anything specific BEFORE this occurred ?

Also, I'm tempted to say that this may be due to dysfunctional hardware, but let's see. Do you get similar issues with other games ? Also, is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version ? And how many GB of RAM does your computer have ? 

Even if you say you don't have any CC, have a look at my suggestions in this topic here: 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t14295-ts3-black-screen-nothing-working-solved

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

That's it for now. Please keep us updated so that we can "troubleshoot" further. Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 black screen, tried everything. Empty Re: Sims 3 black screen, tried everything.

Post by Guest Sun 23 Mar 2014, 14:26

Hello, and thank you for the fast answer!

I explained that in the third question: I wanted to update my driver. I did. Catalyst Control Center conflicted with the new driver. Black screen. Did a system reboot. More problems in-game; I couldn't play for 2-3 minutes without the game freezing and crashing to the desktop. Decided to go and uninstall and reinstall all my drivers. Did. The black screen problem showed up again.

I updated my driver.

I think you're right with the dysfunctional hardware.. Sigh..
I don't have any other games installed on my PC. My computer is a 64 bit version and has 8 GB ram.

Like I said: it works FINE in windowed mode, but that isn't what I'm seeking. I tried all that's suggested in your link.
I deleted the stuff you said, isn't working. The game is totally "fresh" and newly installed. There hasn't been any saved games or anything because I can't get it to show me in fullscreen.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Mar 2014, 18:58

LaraPennington wrote:Hello, and thank you for the fast answer!

I explained that in the third question: I wanted to update my driver. I did. Catalyst Control Center conflicted with the new driver. Black screen. Did a system reboot. More problems in-game; I couldn't play for 2-3 minutes without the game freezing and crashing to the desktop. Decided to go and uninstall and reinstall all my drivers. Did. The black screen problem showed up again.

I updated my driver.

I think you're right with the dysfunctional hardware.. Sigh..
I don't have any other games installed on my PC. My computer is a 64 bit version and has 8 GB ram.

Like I said: it works FINE in windowed mode, but that isn't what I'm seeking. I tried all that's suggested in your link.
I deleted the stuff you said, isn't working. The game is totally "fresh" and newly installed. There hasn't been any saved games or anything because I can't get it to show me in fullscreen.

Hello again,

No, don't give up yet. Smile  Hardware failure is ALWAYS the last thing we suggest, if nothing else works, and I might have a few more ideas "until then". 

Go to your base game location and make a shortcut to the desktop from the TS3W.exe file (if you haven't done so yet). The base game location is usually in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. 

On the desktop, right-click on the TS3W.exe shortcut and select "Properties". Then, go to the compatibility-tab, and under settings, mark the boxes...

Disable visual themes
Disable desktop composition

After you marked these boxes, click on "Apply" and then "OK". 

Re-start the game then, from the TS3W.exe shortcut, and see if anything improved. Good luck again ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Mar 2014, 22:48

I did what you said, and unfortunately the game wouldn't start with the suggested settings.

It says: " Unable to start game. Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb "

I got all the expansions btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Mar 2014, 19:49

LaraPennington wrote:I did what you said, and unfortunately the game wouldn't start with the suggested settings.

It says: " Unable to start game. Service initialization failed 0x0175dcbb "

I got all the expansions btw.

Well, that changes everything then - and I didn't expect that to happen.

Now, look at this video here and do the solution:

Do the solution exactly as described ! And then, please re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here: 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please, do everything as precisely as possible. The error you're having is due to...

1) improper un-installation -----> leftover registry keys of the game(s). Generally you should never un-install anything, unless you are absolutely sure that it can help you. Wink

2) not using the latest manual patch and/or Ultimate fix-crack. 

Good luck again ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Mar 2014, 23:32

I did as you said with the video solution, but there weren't any leftover registry keys. They had been removed correctly.

I'll try downloading and applying the patch and fix again.

//EDIT

Unfortunately.. I have the latest patch AND the latest fix. Nothing works.... :/ I've uninstalled my games again, because I had everyone and thought maybe one of them had a bad registry key. But now it's all removed and I'll try installing again and test if the problem's still there.

//EDIT

I tried starting up the game, without your suggested settings. It worked fine and no error message, but the black screen is still there....
I tried starting up the game, WITH your suggested settings and then the error came back.

I unchecked the boxes again, so I don't have your suggested settings and then the game won't start at all. Then I have to uninstall to get it to work again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Mar 2014, 21:13

LaraPennington wrote:I did as you said with the video solution, but there weren't any leftover registry keys. They had been removed correctly.

I'll try downloading and applying the patch and fix again.

//EDIT

Unfortunately.. I have the latest patch AND the latest fix. Nothing works.... WhatDidUJustCallMe? I've uninstalled my games again, because I had everyone and thought maybe one of them had a bad registry key. But now it's all removed and I'll try installing again and test if the problem's still there.

//EDIT

I tried starting up the game, without your suggested settings. It worked fine and no error message, but the black screen is still there....
I tried starting up the game, WITH your suggested settings and then the error came back.

I unchecked the boxes again, so I don't have your suggested settings and then the game won't start at all. Then I have to uninstall to get it to work again.

I can guarantee that "my settings" have NOTHING to do with the error you're having and at that point I'm afraid I have said everything I know. You may indeed have your computer checked by someone who knows more about computer repairs than I do. Or you re-read all of my suggestions that I posted so far. It's still possible that you missed something or didn't do something correctly. Even if you are "sure" you did everything right.

Another thing: please, use the "edit"-button on your original post if you want to add stuff to your original message. I just merged your posts into one, because you posted three times in a row. Not only is this against the forum rules, but personally, I find that impolite too, since this means more work for me. Wink 

So please, keep that in mind.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top