Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55 Empty Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 10:49

Hello,

I have a previously-working copy of the Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff downloaded from this website, and cracked with "the ultimate fix". It was working great until I tried to update from 1.50 to 1.55. I tried to update through the launcher at first, and got an error at the very end and it said the patch was unsuccessful. I tried downloading it again, but then I realized I had forgotten to put on the uncracked TS3.exe and dll files and move the mods, so I stopped it. I put the uncracked files on, and tried to start up the launcher again, and now I get "There was an error during startup. Please check the log for more details" and then it crashes. I checked the log, and it is empty.

I have searched on the message board before posting and did all of the steps in this over and over again. I also reapplied the fix a couple of times. I tried to download the manual fix, and installed and re-installed that a couple of times too. None of that helps. I tried to remove the few mods I have on, and then to remove the entire "Sims 3" folder out of my Documents. That didn't help either. When I try to start the game straight from TS3.exe or TS3W.exe, I also get an error and the game crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much for your help. I hope this is fixable, because by accident, I deleted the original Sims 3 and Town Life Stuff installation files off my computer. So I would have to redownload them (which is not easy since I have slow and capped internet where I live).

Back to top Go down

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55 Empty Re: Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55

Post by J.T. Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:02

Hello,

Before patching the game manually to 1.55, please make sure you have done the following:

(1) Download the latest Ultimate Fix (compatible with 1.55).
(2) Apply the #crack of the latest Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Last edited by cat2006house on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misunderstanding)
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55 Empty Re: Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 11:59

Ok, but in the Ultimate Fix Installation Guide, it says to apply the base files first, then update, THEN apply the cracks? I tried your suggestion anyway, and it also doesn't work. Is my only option to uninstall and reinstall? There is nothing I can do to fix this?

Also- I even installed CCleaner, and cleaned my registry. Still not working Sad

Last edited by elligator on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:04; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:03

Hello,

Have you tried this?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:05

Yes, that is the manual patch I downloaded.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:07

Hello,

Try to run the launcher as the administrator and patch your game via launcher again.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:09

I tried that. When I right-click "run as" on the launcher, it gives me the option of running as "Ellie" (myself) or a blank option where I can type in a username. I already am running as Ellie so it doesn't change anything - still crashes. I even tried unchecking the box for "protect my computer and data" and that doesn't help either.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:10

Hello,

"Ellie" is the account of the administrator of your pc?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:44

Yes, that is the administrator.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 14 Jul 2013, 12:55

Hello,

Please download the manual patch via another web browser (i.e. Google Chrome or Firefox). Don't pause during downloading. Before doing that, clear your browsing histories.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:17

I never paused while downloading the manual patch. I paused while downloading the patch from the Sims 3 launcher. I downloaded the manual patch straight through. I don't think there is anything wrong with the manual patch file, as I was getting this error before downloading the manual patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Jul 2013, 13:25

Hello,

I suspect your base game has become corrupted because of the failed patch. In that case, there's not much you can do but reinstall the base game.
Can you open the launcher at all? If you can, please post a screenshot of it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 14:44

I can only open the installer to the point where I get the error message "there was an error during startup", then it crashes.

My boyfriend has the exact same installation as I had before I tried to update it. Do you think it would help if I copied the files and/or registry keys from his computer to mine? Would that repair the corruptions?

//EDIT

Sorry I tried to upload a screenshot of the error, but I get a messageboard error saying I don't have any storage space.

Last edited by elligator on Sun 14 Jul 2013, 16:19; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jul 2013, 17:52

elligator wrote:I can only open the installer to the point where I get the error message "there was an error during startup", then it crashes.

My boyfriend has the exact same installation as I had before I tried to update it. Do you think it would help if I copied the files and/or registry keys from his computer to mine? Would that repair the corruptions?

//EDIT

Sorry I tried to upload a screenshot of the error, but I get a messageboard error saying I don't have any storage space.

Hello there,

To upload a screenshot here, use the "Host an image"-button; there you need to select the location of your picture (on the computer) and the screenshot resolution (please select 1024 x). At the end you should get an URL, which you need to copy.

Now you go to the "Insert image"-button (right next to "Host an image") and paste the URL.

By the way (maybe I've overlooked that), can you start the game by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe in the base game location ?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 20:32

thank you very much for explaining that Smile. And no, I can't start it from TS3W.exe either. I get the error "unable to start game. Service initialization failed 0x00175dcbb"

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55 Simser12

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55 Simser13

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:18

elligator wrote:thank you very much for explaining that Smile. And no, I can't start it from TS3W.exe either. I get the error "unable to start game. Service initialization failed 0x00175dcbb"

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55 Simser12

Getting "there was an error during startup" and game crash after updating to 1.55 Simser13

I don't know if the others here suggested this already, but have you already tried re-applying the manual patch ? And then re-apply the Ultimate fix too (only the two files from the #crack folder - that's enough; ignore all other folders in the fix).

If nothing of this helps, then I'm afraid you have to do a clean un-install: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

After un-installing, make sure to re-boot the computer too. And then start over with re-installing.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:33

Yes I tried that like 6 times. Ok. That's unfortunate. I'll have to download the files and do the clean re-install then. Thanks for everyone's input and help Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:01

Hello,

If you want to speed up reinstallation, you can install Revo Uninstaller and initate a clean reinstallation afterwards.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 13:47

Thanks for the suggestion, I will do that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top