Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED] Empty When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:55

This is the error:

It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current
version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get
updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.

Do you want to quit?

Then it asks me to continue or quit, I tend to crash constantly. I know that it has something to do with the fix I downloaded from this site but is this a regular problem that happens? Is there a way to solve this? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED] Empty Re: When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2012, 17:58

Hello,
This problem is commonly caused by an outdated crack, redownloading and reapplying this fis should solve the problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED] Empty Re: When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:00

Also a constant crash is when I'm trying to purchase something from buy mode. When I place the object somewhere the game gives me an error that it stopped responding then I need to actually quit the game.

//EDIT

I really appreciate how you responded so quickly! Smile So the buy mode crash is a result from an outdated crack?

EDIT: I'll try reapplying the cracks and I'll let you know how it turns out, hopefully it works.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:05

Hello,
Yes that's right, if you apply the fix after downloading it again, that should take care of the game crash as well as the unofficial game modification error.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:32

Alright, I reapplied all the patches. It still gives me the same error. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:34

Hello,
Did you, by any chance, skip step 13 in the installation guide?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:38

Nope, I followed all the directions very carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2012, 18:49

Hello,
Do you mind showing us a screenshot of the folder you copied the files in step 13 to? It would be helpful if it was a detailed view of the folder that shows details of the files rather than thumbnails.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:01

Hello,
Great, that's the right location for sure. And the right files Wink
Your base game, is it version 1.29?
When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED] V79l5e
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 19:07

For me it says 1.28.84.014002

However, it says that its up to date and the update now thing is grayed out. When I click refresh it gives me this error: Unable to connect to Origin.

-- I also tried the DEP thing and it didn't work >.< I place something from the buy menu somewhere and the entire game crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:07

Hello,

Please download and apply this manual patch: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v129-fix-manual-patch

When it finished updating, re-download and re-apply the latest version of our Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:17

Hey! That worked! Thanks so much for your help guys! You're all super awesome! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 26 Feb 2012, 20:32

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Thank you Lady ElDi for your help and, Strawxberry, have fun playing! When I start the game I get this error, it lets me continue but it does crash my game constantly... [SOLVED] 3479271199

For now, topic closed. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top