Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Startup problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Startup problem Empty Startup problem

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 14:30

Okay - I have been through a lot of problems now and can now hopefully get some help.

I have Sims 3, Sims 3 Pets, Sims 3 Supernatural, Sims 3 Late Night, Sims 3 Fast Lane, Sims 3 High end Loft, Sims 3 Ambitions, Sims 3 World adventures installed, at first (Before i installed Supernatural and Pets) i could get into the launcher and update, but i couldn't open the game because it said it was incompatible with the newest expansion, i then did the Ultimate fix and Manual patch + downloaded Pets + Supernatural for the purpose, after i did this i encountered several new problems - and yes i did read the fix - Everytime i open my launcher it says Fail and that i can find information in the log and when i open the TS3W in The Sims 3 folder (Not expansion) it says "Couldn't start the game" And some wierd numbers (0x0175dcbb)

Love the site tho! Smile

Back to top Go down

Startup problem Empty Re: Startup problem

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 14:47

+ How many of TS3/TS3W is supposed to be in your Sims 3 folder after the ultimate fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 25 Jul 2013, 15:16

Hello,

Have you updated your game via manual patch, which can be found here? You only need one set of TS3W.exe, TS3.exe and TSLHost.dll in the base game folder, which is the one in the Ultimate Fix. Remember after manually patching the game, you must apply the Ultimate Fix again.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 15:22

So i have to apply the Ultimate Fix to all of the folders again? Smile And then which of the TS3W/TS3.exe should i run, to get all the expansions running when trying to play?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 25 Jul 2013, 15:24

Hello,

You can either run TS3W.exe in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin, or double-click the shortcuts on the desktop and click the "Play" Button in the launcher.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 15:38

Okay, i just did The Ultimate Fix -> Manual patch -> Ultimate Fix, and tried running, i still get the same error message, any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top