Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED] Empty "Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 02:04

All I want is for my launcher to be up to date and able to download items from the Sims 3 exchange.
Anyways, I ONLY have the base game installed for now and every time I click the Sims 3 icon this happens. I looked up my problem and said it could be due to old registered keys from past installments, but it's not. I deleted all my keys from "regedit" and even uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and keep getting the same error message. I just want to download items from the exchange and have been wanting to for YEARS! I lost my old Sims 3 cd so have to make due by torrenting from this site. I also used the 1.42 updater and "ultimate fix" "#crack" folder as well.

Back to top Go down

"Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 04:09

Could you take a screenshot of the installation folder please? Things I'm looking for: modified date and file sizes of TS3.exe, TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll -- if those pass the sniff test we'll go in depth on your registry (probably in private message).

Back to top Go down

"Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 09:08

"Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED] Retwt10

Last edited by fruitnugget95 on Fri 28 Dec 2012, 05:36; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 14:58

Download this file: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Go into the "# Cracks" folder inside the Ultimate Fix and copy the two files into the folder you took a screenshot of. That should fix you right up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 01:08

.... That's what I did to begin with. -___-
I also used the 1.42 updater and "ultimate fix" "#crack" folder as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 01:21

The dates of TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll should be 1 November 2012 if you correctly copied the files. Those conditions are true for your files, thus the files from the "# Crack" folder need to be copied to that location. It's possible (though unlikely) that you used an outdated Ultimate Fix - I say unlikely because the dates match the dates of the other files in the directory, indicating that you DID do the patch but the files in the "# Crack" folder were not copied correctly (whether or not you attempted to do so).

In short, your fix is to copy the files from the "# Crack" folder to your base game's installation folder (shown in your screenshot). Whether or not you did it previously doesn't matter because it needs to be done now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 05:27

I downloaded the ultimate fix multiple times from the given link and even after I had seen your response again prior to me responding. I did the same thing again and it still has yet to work. It says the date is now modified to the date you said it should be too. Here's the screenshots:
"Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED] Ghd10
"Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED] Drt10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 06:20

More information is needed. Follow the following steps to generate a file that you can copy and paste the contents of so that we can gather some of this information.

Step 1)
- If you're running windows XP click Start -> Run
- If you're using Vista/7 click Start

Step 2) Type one of the following commands in the edit box (XP) or "Search Bar" (Vista/7)
- 32bit: regedit /E "%userprofile%\Desktop\Sims3.reg" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims
- 64bit: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit /E "%userprofile%\Desktop\Sims3.reg" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims

Step 3) Right click the "Sims3.reg" file on your desktop, then click on "Edit"

Step 4) Copy all of the text and paste it as a reply in this thread or in a message to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 07:50

Here you go! It's showing things from past installments (such as the ultimate edition I torrented in the past) I already had deleted but still shows for some reason:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3]
"Country"="US"
"SKU"=dword:00000007
"DisplayName"="The Sims™ 3"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\The Sims 3"
"Locale"="en-US"
"Telemetry"=dword:00000001
"InstallStart"=dword:00000000
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\The Sims 3\\Game\\Bin\\TS3.exe"
"ProductID"=dword:000003e9

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Ambitions]
"SKU"=dword:00000001
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Ambitions\\ergc"
"ContentID"="Sims3_EP02_SKU1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Ambitions"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Ambitions\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP02.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Ambitions"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000004

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp07_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Diesel Stuff"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP07.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:0000000e

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp02_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Fast Lane Stuff"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP02.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000005

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Generations]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Generations\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_ep04_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Generations"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Generations\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP04.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Generations"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000008

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 High-End Loft Stuff"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP01.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp06_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP06.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:0000000d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Late Night]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Late Night\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_ep03_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Late Night"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Late Night\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP03.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Late Night"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000006

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp05_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Master Suite Stuff"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP05.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:0000000b

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp03_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Outdoor Living Stuff"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP03.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000007

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Pets]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Pets\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_ep05_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Pets"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Pets\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP05.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Pets"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:0000000a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Showtime]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Showtime\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_ep06_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Showtime"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Showtime\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP06.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Showtime"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:0000000c

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Supernatural]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Supernatural\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_ep07_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Supernatural"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Supernatural\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP07.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Supernatural"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:0000000f

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff]
"Country"="CA"
"ErgcRegPath"="Electronic Arts\\Sims\\The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff\\ergc"
"ContentID"="sims3_sp04_sku1"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 Town Life Stuff"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff\\Game\\Bin\\TS3SP04.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000009

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures]
"SKU"=dword:00000002
"Country"="CA"
"DisplayName"="The Sims" 3 World Adventures"
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 World Adventures\\Game\\Bin\\TS3EP01.exe"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Program Files\\The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition\\The Sims 3 World Adventures"
"Locale"="en-US"
"ProductID"=dword:00000002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 08:37

Alright, which expansions do you actually have installed? Just the base game, right (remembering from your original post)? If so, click on the white box below and follow the directions.

Base Game Only:

If the above doesn't fix your issue then the only thing left to check is corrupt user data, but we'll go over that if the above doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:16

HOLY SH*T TITS IT FINALLY WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:29

Hello,

Looks like a corrupt uninstallation from a modified "Complete" edition torrent. I hate those modified installers.

Anyhow, thank you very much, Hexorcist!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance, Fruitnugget95! "Error during startup, please see log for details" not due to the common problem. PLEASE HELP. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top