Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Science Skill animation effects not working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Science Skill animation effects not working. Empty Science Skill animation effects not working.

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 21:50

After playing around a bit with the science skill objects, I've come to find that the Large Group project is missing its laser beam and colors, and that "Analyzing" objects doesn't show the laser/scan effects either.

The only mod I have installed is Overwatch. Everything else comes from G4TW. I already tried updating the store fixes and everything else.

I checked the official forums and someone said that this is caused by Island Paradise?
That would make sense, given that all the special effects were fine over a month ago. Is there any temporary fix for this before EA fixes it?

Back to top Go down

Science Skill animation effects not working. Empty Re: Science Skill animation effects not working.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:01

Aceflame16 wrote:After playing around a bit with the science skill objects, I've come to find that the Large Group project is missing its laser beam and colors, and that "Analyzing" objects doesn't show the laser/scan effects either.

The only mod I have installed is Overwatch. Everything else comes from G4TW. I already tried updating the store fixes and everything else.

I checked the official forums and someone said that this is caused by Island Paradise?
That would make sense, given that all the special effects were fine over a month ago. Is there any temporary fix for this before EA fixes it?

Hello,

When did you download "Overwatch" ? Maybe there is a newer version of it, which was just recently released.

Also, have you tried removing that mod ? In my game, Overwatch (and ErrorTrap) are more of a burden than helpful tools, so I'm thinking of removing them again.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Science Skill animation effects not working. Empty Re: Science Skill animation effects not working.

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 22:26

Carlos G. wrote:[b style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]Hello,[/b]
When did you download "Overwatch" ? Maybe there is a newer version of it, which was just recently released.

Also, have you tried removing that mod ? In my game, Overwatch (and ErrorTrap) are more of a burden than helpful tools, so I'm thinking of removing them again.

I just tried it without Overwatch, and with the most recent version of Overwatch. Nothing changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 16:51

Aceflame16 wrote:I just tried it without Overwatch, and with the most recent version of Overwatch. Nothing changed.

In that case, it might be indeed a (minor) bug, which is due to the current patch, version 1.55. Wat.  It might not look spectacular if you don't have these visual effects anymore, but, in my opinion at least, you can still perform these experiments - if you want to view that as something positive.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top