Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons effects causing major texture glitches!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seasons effects causing major texture glitches! Empty Seasons effects causing major texture glitches!

Post by Guest Sat 29 Mar 2014, 07:18

Hi guys!

I've started having a very weird, very annoying glitch with Seasons effects. When the weather begins to change from Summer into Fall, the ground begins to gradually turn black. At first, everything in shadows goes black. By the time Winter rolls around and it starts snowing, the ground in the entire city during live mode is flat black, giving off no light whatsoever. It usually happens overnight (sims time, not RL.) If I enter build or buy mode, the ground appears, but goes away again in live mode. I managed to partially restore one game back to the shadows-only stage by turning off everything from Seasons (setting it to Summer forever, no weather patterns) but the other game in another town remains broken. I've started several new games in different places to see how much control I have, and so far if I turn everything from Seasons off when I start, it doesn't break. But I'd really like to be able to actually USE Seasons! I have yet to even SEE snow!

Information: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. None of my hardware changed before or since this issue began. No drivers have changed for my graphics card and they are fully updated. None of my CC changed before this began. I checked for corrupted CC and nothing came up. Starting new games in the cities start off fine and stay fine if I turn off Seasons. One game that was broken was partially restored by turning it off after the glitch began. I have deleted all CC related caches and city related caches to no effect.

Help? Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Seasons effects causing major texture glitches! Empty Re: Seasons effects causing major texture glitches!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Mar 2014, 00:35

honooko wrote:Hi guys!

I've started having a very weird, very annoying glitch with Seasons effects. When the weather begins to change from Summer into Fall, the ground begins to gradually turn black. At first, everything in shadows goes black. By the time Winter rolls around and it starts snowing, the ground in the entire city during live mode is flat black, giving off no light whatsoever. It usually happens overnight (sims time, not RL.) If I enter build or buy mode, the ground appears, but goes away again in live mode. I managed to partially restore one game back to the shadows-only stage by turning off everything from Seasons (setting it to Summer forever, no weather patterns) but the other game in another town remains broken. I've started several new games in different places to see how much control I have, and so far if I turn everything from Seasons off when I start, it doesn't break. But I'd really like to be able to actually USE Seasons! I have yet to even SEE snow!

Information: I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. None of my hardware changed before or since this issue began. No drivers have changed for my graphics card and they are fully updated. None of my CC changed before this began. I checked for corrupted CC and nothing came up. Starting new games in the cities start off fine and stay fine if I turn off Seasons. One game that was broken was partially restored by turning it off after the glitch began. I have deleted all CC related caches and city related caches to no effect.

Help? Thank you!

Hello,

In your second paragraph, you actually anticipated most of what I wanted to suggest; and when you say your "driver hasn't changed", I guess you're saying they are updated to the latest possible version ?

Also, try un-installing the "Seasons" expansion. Re-boot the computer, and after that, please re-install Seasons. After doing so, re-apply the latest manual patch and Ultimate fix; i.e. re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Re-start your game and see if anything concerning the seasons has changed. Good luck, and if I remember anything else, I'll get back to you ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top