Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error Empty Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:22

Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I recently downloaded The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff from TPB using uTorrent. Before I post any more information on this issue, please know that I have bought and downloaded the following games the 'regular' way, using a disc. I'm not sure if this will cause problems though.

- The Sims 3
- The Sims 3 Pets
- The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff
- The Sims 3 Ambitions
- The Sims 3 Late Night
- The Sims 3 World Adventures

I am downloading all the rest of the existing expansions right now, but Master Suite stuff finished first so I decided to test it.

I did everything that was instructed in the InstallationGuide.txt file. There was one thing that was odd though. The two # Crack Files that I had to move to The Sims 3 Folder were already in the folder, so I just made sure none of the existing ones got deleted and I placed the new ones in there too.

Now here is the issue. When I launch the game, I get the following message pop up in a box.

"Disc Authentication Failure ; No game disc found! Please Insert The Sims TM 3 Master Suite Stuff game disc  before proceeding."

I then click cancel on that box and another one pops up saying.

"Error ;  The process could not be started."

I'd really like this to go smoothly guys, any ideas?

Cheers,
:newfag:

Back to top Go down

Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error Empty Re: Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:25

Hello,

You are supposed to copy the two files from the #crack folder in the "Ultimate fix" into the base game location. And you should "replace the existing files". Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error Empty Re: Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:38

Hey Carlos,

Thank you for the super fast reply! I'll do this right now and let you know how it all went. Hammertime Yippee!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:42

MrMan wrote:Hey Carlos,

Thank you for the super fast reply! I'll do this right now and let you know how it all went. Hammertime Yippee!

Hello again,

I think I have to elaborate a little bit. Wink  After you install an expansion, it's a good idea to run the "manual patch". Download it from here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

After that, download the "Ultimate fix": https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Now take the two files from the #crack folder (ignore the other contents) and copy the two files to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Again, replace the existing files. But please, do NOT use the #crack that is included in the expansion that you downloaded; only use the "Ultimate fix".

And that should do for now. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Aug 2013, 22:53

Awesome! Thank you again Very Happy I'm downloading the Ultimate Fix file and the other expansions right now...they'll be done in a few hours haha. I'll wait until then to get this rolling. I'll keep you updated on this, but I bet that will fix it all.

//EDIT

Hey,

I downloaded the newest update for The Sims 3 (1.55.4.0220xx). What am I supposed to do with it now? If I double click it, an error message popped up when I double clicked it. Am I supposed to copy it inside one of The Sims 3 folders or is it supposed to launch something?

//EDIT

Nevermind Successful Install of Master Suite Stuff but I Can't Launch Because Of Disc Error Icon_smile I am playing all the new expansions! This is amazing...thank you all. I need three more downloads and I will have most of the expansions for The Sims 3. This is my first time getting a video game for this method!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Aug 2013, 12:41

The manual patch is supposed to launch something indeed.

But I guess your problem is solved already. Enjoy! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 07:49

Mhmm, my problem has been solved and I've been enjoying all the new content I have now! :)I have another question though, somewhat a little of topic.

Is there a way to get the Sims 3's official worlds? The ones that can be bought in the store. Is it possible for me to download those on TPB too?

Is there even the other content available on TPB? Clothes, hair, shoes, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Aug 2013, 15:48

MrMan wrote:Mhmm, my problem has been solved and I've been enjoying all the new content I have now! :)I have another question though, somewhat a little of topic.

Is there a way to get the Sims 3's official worlds? The ones that can be bought in the store. Is it possible for me to download those on TPB too?

Is there even the other content available on TPB? Clothes, hair, shoes, etc.

Hello,

The official store content (including the "downloadable worlds") can be downloaded from here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/  Wink 

But you may have to be patient; not all the content is online already (as the site is still "under construction").

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top