Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3: Ambitions won't begin installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3: Ambitions won't begin installation Empty The Sims 3: Ambitions won't begin installation

Post by Guest Sat 03 Aug 2013, 10:57

When I encountered the problem, I had downloaded and installed the base game, WA, and High-End Loft Stuff, but when I tried to install Ambitions, the installer just closed after I put in a key.

No error code, no anything. The installer just closed when I clicked "Next".
The other expansions installed without many problems, so I figured I'd skip Ambitions for the moment. I installed Fast Lane Stuff and Late Night before trying to install Ambitions again, with the same results as before.

Also, prior to installing WA I used the manual patch in order to update the game.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Ambitions won't begin installation Empty Re: The Sims 3: Ambitions won't begin installation

Post by J.T. Sat 03 Aug 2013, 12:21

Hello,

What tool did you use to extract the torrents? Use WinRAR ONLY.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3: Ambitions won't begin installation Empty Re: The Sims 3: Ambitions won't begin installation

Post by Guest Sat 03 Aug 2013, 12:46

I used Winrar to extract them, and extracted them each to seperate folders. I got all of the downloads from Games4theworld on ThePirateBay

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 03 Aug 2013, 13:04

Hello,

Have you applied the Ultimate Fix and then the manual patch (Read this please) before installing? Sometimes, the pop-up asking for serial code closes after entering the correct one, and then the installation panel is minimised or stuck in desktop. Have you checked if the installation panel is minimised or stuck in desktop. Click the mini icon down of expansion installation wizard at the bottom of the desktop and continue installation.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Aug 2013, 19:19

I applied the Ultimate Fix, but unfortunately, I ended with the same results.

After I put in the serial, the installer stays open for a moment, but clicking it does nothing, and it closes anyway.
Regardless, I thank you for your swift responses.

EDIT:
I have encountered this problem again, after trying to install the other remaining expansions. I managed to fix the problem by using a different serial.

However, I have already tried every serial included with Ambitions.

EDIT:
When I reached Seasons, I ran into this problem, and using both serials, still failed to install.

EDIT:
I managed to install every expansion and every stuff pack except for Katy Perry Sweet Treats before I ran into the problem again.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 04 Aug 2013, 00:53

Hello,

Can I have a Teamviewer meeting with you to check where the problem is?
I promise I won't harm your pc.
LINK: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
If you wish to do so, pm me with ID and passowrd shown in Teamviewer panel.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top