Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Ambitions Wont Install Properly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Ambitions Wont Install Properly Empty The Sims 3 Ambitions Wont Install Properly

Post by Guest Sat 10 May 2014, 16:29

I've downloaded all of the expansion packs in the past but I decided that I wanted Ambitions aswell. So I downloaded it all like I did all of the others I have done, and I followed all the instructions you give, but when I went on the installation guide it told me to go onto 'Sims3EP02Setup.exe' so I click it and it asks if I want to make changes to my computer so I click yes but then a pop up comes up saying that the program didn't install properly. So after trying it many times, I deleted the torrent and reinstalled it tried it again and still the same problem. Please help I really want to play Ambitions. Help

//EDIT

Helloo? Need help asap?  Question  Question  Question  Question 

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Ambitions Wont Install Properly Empty Re: The Sims 3 Ambitions Wont Install Properly

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 May 2014, 20:13

lauraxo wrote:I've downloaded all of the expansion packs in the past but I decided that I wanted Ambitions aswell. So I downloaded it all like I did all of the others I have done, and I followed all the instructions you give, but when I went on the installation guide it told me to go onto 'Sims3EP02Setup.exe' so I click it and it asks if I want to make changes to my computer so I click yes but then a pop up comes up saying that the program didn't install properly. So after trying it many times, I deleted the torrent and reinstalled it tried it again and still the same problem. Please help I really want to play Ambitions. Help

//EDIT

Helloo? Need help asap?  Question  Question  Question  Question 

//MOVED

Hello,

Did you have "Ambitions" installed on that computer before - or is that your first installation ? If you still have the original .RAR file of the Ambitions download, make an empty folder somewhere. Then open the .RAR of Ambitions, mark all the contents inside the .RAR with your mouse (as if you were marking a text), and then drag the marked contents out into the empty folder you created. Keep in mind that you really need to extract ALL contents of the .RAR into that folder.

Next, go to that folder then. On the "autorun.exe", right-click on it and choose "run as Administrator". See if that works for you...normally, there isn't much behind it, especially if you never had Ambitions installed before on the computer (and hence no old registry entries of Ambitions, which can screw up a re-install).

I'd also like to remind you that if you have Sims 3-related problems, NEVER post them in the "PC Downloads support". Only use the sections that are clearly labelled as "The Sims (3) in-game problems/downloads support (PC)" (I moved your topic to the right section). 

Also, please do not bump. This is against the forum rules and besides, me and the other Helpers/Mods do all of this helping on here in our (scarce) spare time. So you either wait for a reply from one of us, or if you are in need of help very quickly, use the search function. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Ambitions Wont Install Properly Empty Re: The Sims 3 Ambitions Wont Install Properly

Post by Guest Sat 10 May 2014, 22:22

Omg.. I've just done all of this and I do now have ambitions but all of my others games including the base game has deleted themselves. Now what?

I've looked on my control panel then onto programs and the games are still there but just not appearing on the sims 3 launcher?

Someone help, its so frustrating

Last edited by lauraxo on Sun 11 May 2014, 13:42; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : extraaa stuff)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 May 2014, 13:51

lauraxo wrote:Omg.. I've just done all of this and I do now have ambitions but all of my others games including the base game has deleted themselves. Now what?

I've looked on my control panel then onto programs and the games are still there but just not appearing on the sims 3 launcher?

Someone help, its so frustrating

Now re-do the steps from #2 to #4 in the following guide, and you should be fine:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Do these steps as precisely as possible. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top