Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I delete World Cache Files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I delete World Cache Files?  Empty Can I delete World Cache Files?

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 01:31

I was just going on the regular basis on deleting the items which slows my sims 3 and I stumbled upon the world cache, I have 3 worlds Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs. I regularly play at Hidden Springs world. Here is the catch as I look at the size of the memory of the Hidden Springs_object.package and Hidden Springs_sims.package both are over 500mb files I'm surprised because the other two worlds are less than 100mb object.package and 5mb sim.package. Is it because I play most of my time in Hidden Springs? Can I delete those? It's really sucking a huge space in my computer and the My documents - Sims 3 folder. Any suggestions, comments or violent reactions Razz are welcome.lol!  :newfag:  Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Can I delete World Cache Files?  Empty Re: Can I delete World Cache Files?

Post by J.T. Tue 06 Aug 2013, 02:00

jstnp_2891 wrote:I was just going on the regular basis on deleting the items which slows my sims 3 and I stumbled upon the world cache, I have 3 worlds Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs. I regularly play at Hidden Springs world. Here is the catch as I look at the size of the memory of the Hidden Springs_object.package and Hidden Springs_sims.package both are over 500mb files I'm surprised because the other two worlds are less than 100mb object.package and 5mb sim.package. Is it because I play most of my time in Hidden Springs? Can I delete those? It's really sucking a huge space in my computer and the My documents - Sims 3 folder. Any suggestions, comments or violent reactions Razz are welcome.lol!  :newfag:  Hammertime

Hello,

Yes, you can safely delete them, but the application will generate a new one once you have launched the game/play a saved game regarding to Hidden Springs.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 06 Aug 2013, 02:06

Hello there,

And just to be sure, you can always create a backup of the files you're going to remove.
That way you can always restore them, in case you mess up or something. Smile
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:25

thank you so much. I'll try it out. =) thanks bros for the responds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 06 Aug 2013, 23:29

Hello,

You're welcome, please do let us know the result. Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 07 Aug 2013, 18:07

jstnp_2891 wrote:I was just going on the regular basis on deleting the items which slows my sims 3 and I stumbled upon the world cache, I have 3 worlds Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs. I regularly play at Hidden Springs world. Here is the catch as I look at the size of the memory of the Hidden Springs_object.package and Hidden Springs_sims.package both are over 500mb files I'm surprised because the other two worlds are less than 100mb object.package and 5mb sim.package. Is it because I play most of my time in Hidden Springs? Can I delete those? It's really sucking a huge space in my computer and the My documents - Sims 3 folder. Any suggestions, comments or violent reactions Razz are welcome.lol!  :newfag:  Hammertime

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Yes, you can safely delete them, but the application will generate a new one once you have launched the game/play a saved game regarding to Hidden Springs.

The folder "WorldCaches" can speed up the loading of a world, but of course, if there are problems, it might be a good idea to delete its contents, like any other cache file.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 04:29

Can anyone please tell me if there are other files I can delete (other than cache files), to speed or "freshen" my game up a little bit? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Aug 2013, 05:42

BreakingBadInAuroraSkies wrote:Can anyone please tell me if there are other files I can delete (other than cache files), to speed or "freshen" my game up a little bit? Smile
Hello,

These are the "unnecessary cache files", to be found in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

You should delete them especially after installing a new expansion, a new patch, mods or any other custom content. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top