Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

re-apply patch after installing new expansion pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down

re-apply patch after installing new expansion pack Empty re-apply patch after installing new expansion pack

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 17:42

So, I have installed the base game along with some expansion packs, and applied the ultimate fix, plus the manual patch too - many thanks to games4theworld for helping the process Very Happy - Then, shortly after, I downloaded more expansion pack, and I wonder if it's necessary to apply the patch again after installing the new EPs, because I have updated it before installing the new EPs, why bother?

and I also very confused as to what instruction should I follow to install the EP after applying ultimate fix; the ultimate fix installation guide, or this [url=/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly]https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly[/url]? as they provide different guide

the ultimate fix installation guide says that after the installation, I should drag & drop the .exe and .dll files inside the EP's related folder into the EP's bin first, then appyling patch, then copy the files inside #Crack into the base game's bin.
but the "...how to install the sims 3 correctly" says that I just need to install the EP, apply the patch, and copy the .exe and .dll from #Crack into the base game's bin. It says nothing about copying the .exe and .dll from the EP's folder into the EP's bin o_o
so, what exactly should I do?

I hope what I explained makes sense to all of you. Thanks in advance Wink

Back to top Go down

re-apply patch after installing new expansion pack Empty Re: re-apply patch after installing new expansion pack

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Aug 2013, 20:49

tjngml wrote:So, I have installed the base game along with some expansion packs, and applied the ultimate fix, plus the manual patch too - many thanks to games4theworld for helping the process Very Happy- Then, shortly after, I downloaded more expansion pack, and I wonder if it's necessary to apply the patch again after installing the new EPs, because I have updated it before installing the new EPs, why bother?

and I also very confused as to what instruction should I follow to install the EP after applying ultimate fix; the ultimate fix installation guide, or this [url=/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly]https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly[/url]? as they provide different guide

the ultimate fix installation guide says that after the installation, I should drag & drop the .exe and .dll files inside the EP's related folder into the EP's bin first, then appyling patch, then copy the files inside #Crack into the base game's bin.
but the "...how to install the sims 3 correctly" says that I just need to install the EP, apply the patch, and copy the .exe and .dll from #Crack into the base game's bin. It says nothing about copying the .exe and .dll from the EP's folder into the EP's bin o_o
so, what exactly should I do?

I hope what I explained makes sense to all of you. Thanks in advance Wink
Hello,

If you ask me for the easiest method to do this, then here you are:

After installing an EP/SP, re-apply the manual patch (even if it says your game is "updated already"). Afterwards, take the two files from the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) and copy them to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Of course, you need to "replace the existing files", when prompted. Then start the game by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe (or make a shortcut to the desktop from that file).

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

re-apply patch after installing new expansion pack Empty Re: re-apply patch after installing new expansion pack

Post by Guest Sun 11 Aug 2013, 19:24

Thank you for the reply!
Ok, I will give it a shot immediately. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 09:32

Please tell us how it went!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 13:41

I tried that and, stuck with sims screen black not loading anything..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 20:49

Please use this tool. Depending on the error you get, we will know what is wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 22:38

Okay, I shall report the result. Really hope this work, Its my last vacation D;

Do, you think its also repsonsible for the lagginess the launcher start and the whole comp?
I have almost every ep and sp up to university life and it was running normally but after I've download island paradise, applied manual patch then the ultimate fix, my comp was ever so slow and everything freeze D:

//EDIT: Okay so I followed the instruction extract the fix, then click the first button on the top it said you can go update your sims and on the bottom it said you cannot play your sims3 anymore so I update using the manual patch anyway

soo

It did not work, when I launched the game through the tool it took forever but it loads up and everything seems okay, after ive move my sims around testing movement and such, I save and exit. I try relaunch using the launcher and the launcher lagged everyhting, so i close out the launcher and just open it through program>ea>sims3 and im stuck at the none responding loading screen DDD: Help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 06:24

Okay, seems your game works now. Try to use Game Booster from IOBit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:17

I did it!!! but without applying the patch. Here's what I did:
(This was my second EPs installment)
- I just installed the new EP's
- Copied .exe and .dll from the ultimate fix folder into the EP's bin (unless you installed the EPs included inside "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder. If this is your case, then you will have to copy the .exe and .dll into the base game's bin, if you have one or more of the EPs inside "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder installed before, then you don't have to crack it for the second time)
- Skip the patch
- Then copied the .exe and .dll files from #Crack folder inside the ultimate fix into the base game's bin
And it worked perfectly! Though I don't know if this smooth installation will last. I'm sooo excited know XD
I hope whoever have the same situation as I do will find this usefull. Thank you guys Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:24

tjngml wrote:I did it!!! but without applying the patch. Here's what I did:
(This was my second EPs installment)
- I just installed the new EP's
- Copied .exe and .dll from the ultimate fix folder into the EP's bin (unless you installed the EPs included inside "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder. If this is your case, then you will have to copy the .exe and .dll into the base game's bin, if you have one or more of the EPs inside "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folder installed before, then you don't have to crack it for the second time)
- Skip the patch
- Then copied the .exe and .dll files from #Crack folder inside the ultimate fix into the base game's bin
And it worked perfectly! Though I don't know if this smooth installation will last. I'm sooo excited know XD
I hope whoever have the same situation as I do will find this usefull. Thank you guys Very Happy
Well, then. What is the version of your base game, then ? Hover with the mouse over the base game symbol in the launcher (the symbol on the far left). If it's 1.55 then it's already up-to-date. Also, from what I understand, you applied the "manual patch" before - so your game should be updated already (even if your game didn't really load).

Please play on for a while and let us know if your game works now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top