Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has stopped working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by Guest Sat 17 Aug 2013, 21:13

I've been downloading the Sims from this site for a long time and it's been working perfectly until a couple of days ago. I applied the new Ultimate fix with the crack etc, and I downloaded and applied the recent patch but however when I try to play the game after about 10 minutes of gameplay, even when its running fine, it crashes and I get a window saying "Sims 3 has stopped working" it's rather frustrating when I just really want to play.. I don't have any Custom content or anything, just the normal game with the expansion packs: Generations, Ambitions, Late Night, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life and World Adventures.
My computer is running on a 64-bit system and I have 2.75GB of RAM usable and it is running on Windows 7.
Please help? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by J.T. Sun 18 Aug 2013, 08:14

Hello,

Please rename the following folder and try again: C:\Users\(your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. You can find your saves in the renamed folder: C:\Users\(your computer anme)\Documents\Electronic Arts\(Renamed)\Saves. Try backing up the folders inside and drop them to the new folder generated by The Sims 3.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 15:17

Okay thankyou! I'll try that now and get back to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top