Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unable to start game 0x0175dcbb. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

unable to start game 0x0175dcbb. [SOLVED] Empty unable to start game 0x0175dcbb. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 17:33

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem installing sims 3. The thing is to test it out to see if it would work I installed sims 3 (legit version) with your season download on my laptop. After fixing some registry issues on past games everything worked wonderfully. 

So I tried to install some of your expansion on my gaming rig.
seasons
pets
generation
show time 
world adventures (legit)

and I keep getting the error service intialization failed 0x0175dcbb

Now I kinda know what the problem is but have no clue how to fix it.

On my gaming rig I have the ssd and the main drive. I installed sims 3 and all the expansions on my main drive which is called the d drive. In this drive there is no program files or any system files so I created my own electronic arts folder and expansion folders and installed the expansions there. I'm assuming maybe this has something to do with it and perhaps I might have to go searching in the registry to fix the issue.

-Followed every instruction
-Placed crack in legit version of world adventures and the sims 3
-no sims 3 was ever installed prior to this attempt

I'm wondering I should cleanly uninstall sims 3 and reinstall all together in my d drive under the same path as it would be found in the c drive but I would like your opinion on this first
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Edit:

I decided to look into the registry to see if anything seemed out of place and it seems as thought for some reason the sims 3 directory path did not match its registry directory path. Looking back there was a possibility the the director was slightly moved so I changed to exe path and dir path in the registry to match that of where it currently is and it didn't do the trick. Should I do a clean uninstall and re-install?

Back to top Go down

unable to start game 0x0175dcbb. [SOLVED] Empty Re: unable to start game 0x0175dcbb. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 18:17

Yeah & install them in one location, preferably C.

Back to top Go down

unable to start game 0x0175dcbb. [SOLVED] Empty Re: unable to start game 0x0175dcbb. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 18:36

Installing it on the c drive is physically impossible due to it being an ssd and nearly at full capacity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 20:20

frostwolf wrote:Installing it on the c drive is physically impossible due to it being an ssd and nearly at full capacity.
If you have music on it or movies or something else, move them to D. BTW, how much is the storage or capacity of C?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 23:26

Well its 120 gigs but there's no need for that.

I did a clean uninstall and re installed everything in the d drive making sure the path is the same but only changing the c drive to the d drive. It works perfectly

Thanks 

-frostwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 17:04

Problem closed, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top