Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 08:48

Games Installed: Ambitions, Generations, High-End Loft Stuff, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, Late Night, Master Suite Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Pets, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, Town Life Stuff, University Life, World Adventures.

Today, when I tried to launch TS3EP09.exe, I ran across an error that said "Unable to start. Please reinstall base game". Basic instinct told me to go over the ultimate fix and the manual patch, which did work.. to some extent. I am now tasked with another error, that I detailed in the title of this thread. Having searched through the forum a bit, I take it that you have to have someone sort out Sims3.reg? So I'll just dump this here:

Spoiler:

EDIT: S3Launcher.exe, Sims3Launcher.exe and Sims3LauncherW.exe say "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details" upon attempting to start up the game from there.

Last edited by Epic Duck on Thu 28 Mar 2013, 22:10; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : information relevant to issue)

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2013, 18:48

..Bump?

Back to top Go down

Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb) [SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Sat 23 Mar 2013, 05:28

Have you tried to run TS3W.exe in the base game folder?
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 16:56

t2sink wrote:Have you tried to run TS3W.exe in the base game folder?

I have, to no avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Mar 2013, 18:17

omg ' i have the same problem . :<
please help us ............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Mar 2013, 07:15

Nevermind, I've resolved this now aswell as Error during Startup. It was just that Ambitions had installed to the directory before Electronic Arts, and I had moved it into said folder without editing the ExePath and Install Dir to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top