Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University Life No Disc Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

University Life No Disc Error Empty University Life No Disc Error

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 05:59

Hi! New here, made an accnt cuz I was at my wit's end with this problem (I looked into alot of others with my problem first.)
The issue started after I downloaded/installed the Ambitions and Generations expansions to my Sims 3 (I already had University Life installed and I had played it for around a week.)
I went to try out the new expansions, but after pressing the play button on the launcher, nothing happened. It kept freezing, so I restarted my comp. When I tried again, I was taken to the full screen, which was black, waiting for the :sims:to appear, and nothing happened for more than an hour, then it took me back to my desktop. My only way out was to Ctrl+Alt+Del and sign out of my computer accnt.

I looked up anyone else with this problem, and ended up reapplying the patch in the How to Install Sims 3 guide and redownloading the Ultimate Fix. The 2nd to last step was to update (forgetting I'd done the patch already), so I went to the updates section of the launched and pressed update now. Nothing happened. Looked into the problem, didn't find a solution.
I reapplied the patch a second time and surely enough, the ! next to Game Updates had poofed. Yay! Things appeared to be in working order. After copying the files from All expansions packs after Generations, I copied the two files from the #Crack folder in the Ultimate Fix (into ProgramFilesx86>EA>Sims3>Game>Bin) as well as the files for Ambitions(into Ambitions). Then I opened the launched and pressed play.

This is where I ran into the disc error, telling me I needed to install the University Life disc--although I'd played University Life less than a few days ago. I looked into the issue, but it seemed most people aound here had fixed it on their own. I checked to make sure I copied the cracks to the right place, (not game>bin>bin) and even recopied/replaced them and tried again. I looked into some more options and found one telling me to go to the Sims 3 folder in Program Files and launch it from the TS3. I did. Luckily there was no black screen of death, but it finished loading and got to the main page and then: DISC ERROR.

Seems just when I got around one problem this one cropped up. Sad  I had a ton of troule downloading the game to the begin with because I'm really quite new at this. Please help! Help

Back to top Go down

University Life No Disc Error Empty Re: University Life No Disc Error

Post by J.T. Fri 23 Aug 2013, 07:24

Hello,

You only need the #crack folder of the Ultimate Fix only. You don't need other #crack folders in the expansion pack/stuff pack torrents. Simply drag and drop the content of #crack of  the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the existing files in the bin folder.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Aug 2013, 20:43

I've done that two to three times. Copied the files from the #Crack in the Ultimate Fix to ProgramFilesx86>EA>The Sims 3>Game>Bin.
Still getting the disc error.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:15

FinnX wrote:I've done that two to three times. Copied the files from the #Crack in the Ultimate Fix to ProgramFilesx86>EA>The Sims 3>Game>Bin.
Still getting the disc error.
Hello,

Sorry if this bothers you. But may I ask where you downloaded the Ultimate Fix from?
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:26

Hi,

No bother at all! I downloaded from this website. Clicked on it from the 'How to Install Sims3 correctly' page, used the direct download link.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 01:30

FinnX wrote:Hi,

No bother at all! I downloaded from this website. Clicked on it from the 'How to Install Sims3 correctly' page, used the direct download link.
Hello,

In order to look into your problem deeply, can I have a look at your computer via Teamviewer?

Download link for Teamviewer: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

If you agree to let me have a look, please give me the ID and password in "Remote Control" tab via private message. if you don't agree to do so, I will try to find a solution for you without Teamviewer.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 03:07

Is there anyway you can solve the problem w/out teamviewer? If not,I'll download it,but if there's an alternative I'd prefer that.
I can provide screen shots,if that helps?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 03:18

FinnX wrote:Is there anyway you can solve the problem w/out teamviewer? If not,I'll download it,but if there's an alternative I'd prefer that.
I can provide screen shots,if that helps?
Hello,

Sure! Please provide screenshots of the contents of the Ultimate Fix, as well as the folder where you dragged the crack from and  the destination folder where you put the Ultimate Fix in.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 05:47

Contents of the Ultimate Fix:
University Life No Disc Error 2l8Ef8f

Crack folder contents:(clicked on #Crack)
University Life No Disc Error OxpWXLX

Destination folder:
University Life No Disc Error 7ed6sZ0
Sorry about the giant, messy pics, but I read in the rules we're not permitted to post links on here, so.. ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 06:05

FinnX wrote:Contents of the Ultimate Fix:
University Life No Disc Error 2l8Ef8f

Crack folder contents:(clicked on #Crack)
University Life No Disc Error OxpWXLX

Destination folder:
University Life No Disc Error 7ed6sZ0
Sorry about the giant, messy pics, but I read in the rules we're not permitted to post links on here, so.. ^^;
Hello,

I don't see any mistakes in these pictures. Maybe we really need to sort it out by Teamviewer.

By the way, you are allowed to post image links here.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 06:28

hmm, okay i guess, but i'll probably delete it if/when this problem is solved. :/
 do i want to run or install this program? or does it not matter?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 06:31

Hello,

Yes, please install Teamviewer and give me your ID and password via private message. If you want you can uninstall it later after use.

Last edited by cat2006house on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 06:32; edited 1 time in total
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Aug 2013, 06:32

What does TeamViewer do exactly? Does it give you control of my computer or how does it work? Can I just start a meeting and add you to it? Sorry for all the questions.

I've sent the PM.

Last edited by FinnX on Sat 24 Aug 2013, 06:38; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sat 24 Aug 2013, 06:33

FinnX wrote:What does TeamViewer do exactly? Does it give you control of my computer or how does it work? Sorry for all the questions.
Hello,

Yes, it does give me control over your computer temporarily, so that I can check which part of The Sims 3 installation is the root of problem.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 06:41

And now, it seems, I'm really having issues.
I had to do a system restore of my computer, and it reinstalled the Sims 3 and expansions I uninstalled before. From the looks of it, there's no way for me to uninstall it (Revo Uninstaller doesn't have it on the list of programs) and it has no files or anything in Electronic Arts. The only place the game/expansions still exsist as far as I know on my computer is in my Control Panel; and I can't uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs without getting this error:
 University Life No Disc Error 0lX72Z0
I have the torrents for the base game/expansion that I got from the website already, but I dont want to reinstall without removing all traces of the old game first.

In addition, I've done everything listed on the EA help article (the first link if you google error -5005 sims 3 uninstall).

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 06:55

FinnX wrote:And now, it seems, I'm really having issues.
I had to do a system restore of my computer, and it reinstalled the Sims 3 and expansions I uninstalled before. From the looks of it, there's no way for me to uninstall it (Revo Uninstaller doesn't have it on the list of programs) and it has no files or anything in Electronic Arts. The only place the game/expansions still exsist as far as I know on my computer is in my Control Panel; and I can't uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs without getting this error:
 University Life No Disc Error 0lX72Z0
I have the torrents for the base game/expansion that I got from the website already, but I dont want to reinstall without removing all traces of the old game first.

In addition, I've done everything listed on the EA help article (the first link if you google error -5005 sims 3 uninstall).
Hello,

I suggest you download YourUninstaller Pro from www.games4theworld.org. After that, check if The Sims 3 and the expansions are on the list of applications in the Uninstaller panel. If yes, uninstall them with Super Mode. If not, select Auto Fix at the bottom of the panel.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

University Life No Disc Error Empty Unfamiliar Installation Process

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 20:18

Hey,

Thanks, that uninstaller worked like a charm! :DAnd the issue I was having that required me to system restore seems to have cleared up as well. c: So now I can actually finally reinstall the game. I'll edit this post if I run into any problems.

Ran into a problem as I expected...although I was able to install the game the first time without a hitch, the installation of the base game this time didn't quite follow the installation guide(it never asked me for the registration code, only asked me for the disc once) and after it was completed, the Sims 3 folder in EA where I was supposed to copy the #.Crack files looked all sorts of wonky. See:
University Life No Disc Error KBJTU6m
So I went ahead and uninstalled the game. And I'm not sure if it means anything, but the split second after I  installed the game and tried to access the internet, my connection/browser started to have so issues. (It had issues before, which is why I had to do the system restore in the first place, but I didn't think that was related to the game). Even after uninstalling it the problems remained. So I had to system restore again, luckily there were no negative effects this time.
Thought that was worth mentioning, even though the two might be unrelated. I just want to install this game properly without any afverse effects on my computer. Sad

Ugh what the funky fresh. I think I'll just go out and buy the base game (though I'll have to deal with Origin) and then maybe try to get expansions from here. But for right now, I have just about given up.
This thread is free to be deleted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top