Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso Possible Lag Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso Possible Lag Fix  Empty The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso Possible Lag Fix

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 17:30

Hello,
I have been searching about fixing the lag in Isla Paradiso for like days. I have found some solutions and wanted to share them with you too. That fixed my lag problem but I'm not sure if it will work for you:

1- Delete the "Scott Family" because they make very much lag.  If you don't want to delete them you can move them to another home and stuff because their home has very much routing problems.

2- Set your graphics to all maximum. I know this sounds "VERY" silly, but it isn't. Don't mind if your pc or laptop can handle it or doesn't; Try it. I thought my laptop would even crash if I set them all to maximum but no, it didn't. Instead I had zero lag while playing at Isla Paradiso.

3-Of course Overwatch mod is very good for fixing the routing problems in the game.

I hope this thread helped you fixing your game lag in the game. Let me know the results Wink

Can you move this topic to tips/tricks please.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso Possible Lag Fix  Empty Re: The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso Possible Lag Fix

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 18:34

Interesting, especially the part where you need to maximize graphic settings. I might try this. Very Happy

Is this only in Isla Paradiso?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso Possible Lag Fix  Empty Re: The Sims 3 Isla Paradiso Possible Lag Fix

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 18:47

Hello,
I haven't tested this at another world but it works at Isla Paradiso. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 18:50

You don't experience lag on land, houseboat and underwater?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 18:58

Hello,
Before formatting and losing my Sims 3, I did these 2 steps and it worked perfectly. I tested at a houseboat and at underwater and I experienced no lag at all. Before doing these steps my sims used to freeze but I'm not sure if it works for all people. I found these steps at sims3forum and that worked for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 18:59

Oh... Well, I'll give it a try when I play again. Thank you for the share Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Aug 2013, 19:04

You are welcome Wink. Let me know the result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 06:25

I had those stuck-spiking lags underwater and on the houseboat, and the items on the house appears slower for me. I have 5 EPs and 200+ CAS CCs and only 2GB of usable RAM, and my laptop isn't really for gaming... So, maybe this is not for me. I did the first and second step, but haven't tried the overwatch mod.

EDIT: With overwatch mod, still no improvement. My game crashed, even. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Oct 2013, 15:57

Hello! I've also been experiencing massive amounts of lag in Isla Paradiso (and any city modified to Island Paradise).. After following your instructions my game did get much better, but my sims and boats still freeze constantly. Do you perhaps have any more suggestions for families/lots to remove in-game or mods to make it more smooth?
I've renamed the sims 3 folder in documents/EA two times already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 19:29

I have tried EVERYTHING to make this world work . Put graphics at the lowest and overclocked the gpu. Nothing is helping this expansion pack on my computer...

This though, I havent tried.. Maybe I will once I reinstall it..

Who has tried it with a crappy graphics card and it worked?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2016, 14:33

Your computer isn't a PROBLEM even if you have best specifications, problem is DEVELOPING PROBLEM, which means your computer is alright, problem is at developing, large world, lots of families will normally cause game to be buggy.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 28 Oct 2016, 21:02

Unless the world has decent routing.
I know there are people on MATY who play custom worlds with hundreds of residents, and gameplay goes off without a hitch.

Though using mods can also help a lot.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top