Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird permissions issue...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird permissions issue... Empty Weird permissions issue...

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 17:14

I've downloaded a load of expansions however my base game was from the disk. I had some problems so I downloaded the ultimate fix and followed the instructions until the point where I had to put the "all other expansion packs" files into the main game bin. It says I don't have permission to move them there.. I've tried changing the permissions but I'm really not getting any luck. The same happens when I try and put the crack files in the bin. Please help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Weird permissions issue... Empty Re: Weird permissions issue...

Post by Dracos66 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 17:30

What OS are you using? XP, Vista, 7, 8? Does the account your using have Admin rights?

Try running Windows Explorer in Admin mode (right click, select Run as Administrator)

Also the only files you need to copy to the main game Bin folder are in the Ultimate Fix. Dont worry about the expansion fixes as they are no longer required.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Aug 2013, 18:05

I'm on windows 7 and my account is the only one of the laptop, so I don't see how I couldn't have admin rights :S

//EDIT

Right, I've discovered that I was being stupid - where I'd attempted to open the sims 3 earlier before downloading the fix, and the error message was still open, hence I was unable to move the files. However... now that I've done everything the ultimate fix told me to do, I'm still getting the same error when I try to load the game Weird permissions issue... Icon_sad someone save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

//EDIT

I've followed the instructions on the ultimate fix to the word, but my game is still not working Weird permissions issue... Icon_sad Im on windows 7 and my base game is not a download - I actually bought that one Weird permissions issue... Icon_wink I spent daaaaays downloading and I just want to have some fun with my sims lol please say somebody knows what I should do?!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 27 Aug 2013, 01:02

bumblebeelouise wrote:Right, I've discovered that I was being stupid - where I'd attempted to open the sims 3 earlier before downloading the fix, and the error message was still open, hence I was unable to move the files. However... now that I've done everything the ultimate fix told me to do, I'm still getting the same error when I try to load the game Sad someone save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hello,

Please run the task manager and navigate yourself to "Processes" tab. Try to see if there is anything like TS3W.exe or TS3.exe or Sims3launcherW.exe or anything that is related to The Sims 3. If yes, please right-click these processes and press "End Process". If it doesn't work, I sueggest you reboot the computer and try applying the Ultimate Fix again. And please keep all your questions under one thread. Don't spam/open multiple topics of the same question.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Aug 2013, 02:29

bumblebeelouise wrote:I'm on windows 7 and my account is the only one of the laptop, so I don't see how I couldn't have admin rights I is confused

//EDIT

Right, I've discovered that I was being stupid - where I'd attempted to open the sims 3 earlier before downloading the fix, and the error message was still open, hence I was unable to move the files. However... now that I've done everything the ultimate fix told me to do, I'm still getting the same error when I try to load the game Weird permissions issue... Icon_sad someone save meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

//EDIT

I've followed the instructions on the ultimate fix to the word, but my game is still not working Weird permissions issue... Icon_sad Im on windows 7 and my base game is not a download - I actually bought that one Weird permissions issue... Icon_wink I spent daaaaays downloading and I just want to have some fun with my sims lol please say somebody knows what I should do?!
//MERGED

Hello,

Do you get a specific error message ?

Please install at least one of the expansions that are mentioned in step #1 here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Then go on with the steps from 2 to 4.

Also: if you want to add something to your post, please use the "edit"-button. And it is easier for us, if you keep all of your problems in only one topic. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top