Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

permissions denied

View previous topic View next topic Go down

permissions denied  Empty permissions denied

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 20:54

Hi

I'm maybe missing something obvious. I've downloaded the sims 4 then the fix (the most up to date one that i could see) but having trouble getting past the first hurdle! I followed the steps from the sims 3 post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19603-destination-folder-access-denied-fix#. I went to The Sims 4 folder, changed the permissions to a tick next to full control, change and read for everyone (the only group / user name mentioned). Thought it would be easier trying to change that one folder instead of individual ones. For some reason I am still having permissions denied errors. I've tried restarting in case that solved the issue but it's still exactly the same. Surely I dont have to go through each folder within the sims 4 folder that has permissions problems? I have tried to solve this myself but not managed so far.

thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

permissions denied  Empty Re: permissions denied

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jun 2015, 03:27

eastybeasty wrote:Hi

I'm maybe missing something obvious. I've downloaded the sims 4 then the fix (the most up to date one that i could see) but having trouble getting past the first hurdle! I followed the steps from the sims 3 post: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19603-destination-folder-access-denied-fix#. I went to The Sims 4 folder, changed the permissions to a tick next to full control, change and read for everyone (the only group / user name mentioned). Thought it would be easier trying to change that one folder instead of individual ones. For some reason I am still having permissions denied errors. I've tried restarting in case that solved the issue but it's still exactly the same. Surely I dont have to go through each folder within the sims 4 folder that has permissions problems? I have tried to solve this myself but not managed so far.

thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated reply,

You will need to repeat the process for the "superordinate"-folders, namely the ones "above" The Sims 4. So that will be...Electronic Arts -> Program files(x86) -> C. 

Other than thatI'm unsure what is going on, in your computer. Are you logged in as the Administrator on that computer ? And are you sure you followed all steps from the guide completely ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top