Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age: Origins - Supported Languages Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Supported Languages Problem Empty Dragon Age: Origins - Supported Languages Problem

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 06:44

Hello! I've had lots of luck installing games from you guys successfully in the past, but I'm now facing a major problem I don't understand. I just downloaded  DA:O and attempted to open the Setup.exe file to start installing it, but every time I get an error that says "No supported languages found. Please contact BioWare." I searched and searched for a thread already fixing this problem, and when I finally found one, it was outdated and the original poster never said anything besides asking for help, so the problem was never resolved. I extracted the files and everything and my system is definitely in English, so I would really appreciate a little help. Thank you so much in advance!

//EDIT

I have no idea if this will do anything except bump my thread to the top, but it's been a while since I posted this, and I'm beginning to consider just deleting the game off of my computer to free up some space. Can anyone help me? I can't find any way to fix this and if I just need to re-download it or something I'd kind of like to know. Thank you again.

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Supported Languages Problem Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins - Supported Languages Problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Sep 2013, 13:19

MirRose wrote:Hello! I've had lots of luck installing games from you guys successfully in the past, but I'm now facing a major problem I don't understand. I just downloaded  DA:O and attempted to open the Setup.exe file to start installing it, but every time I get an error that says "No supported languages found. Please contact BioWare." I searched and searched for a thread already fixing this problem, and when I finally found one, it was outdated and the original poster never said anything besides asking for help, so the problem was never resolved. I extracted the files and everything and my system is definitely in English, so I would really appreciate a little help. Thank you so much in advance!

//EDIT

I have no idea if this will do anything except bump my thread to the top, but it's been a while since I posted this, and I'm beginning to consider just deleting the game off of my computer to free up some space. Can anyone help me? I can't find any way to fix this and if I just need to re-download it or something I'd kind of like to know. Thank you again.

Hello,

First of all, there is no need to bump topics; if you feel you want to add something to your post, use the "edit"-button to modify your post. Currently, both Admins are not regularly available at the forum, and so are most other Helpers and Moderators (me including).

Back to your problem: I'm actually downloading that game myself, but the download is rather slow. Maybe I can look into that problem myself then. But for now, I can't offer you much more than this here, if you haven't read it yet:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t206-dragon-age-origins-data-error-fix

Otherwise, you may have to wait for the Admin to help you with this, but I can't tell you exactly when he will be back.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins - Supported Languages Problem Empty Re: Dragon Age: Origins - Supported Languages Problem

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:12

Thank you for responding!

I did at least part of the fix; it's a wee bit confusing. and that helped me install it, but now I'm supposed to apply the crack. however, I can't find the bin_ship folder that I'm supposed to apply it to. So even though your advice was very helpful (thank you!) I still can't manage to get it to play. Thank you for your help, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Sep 2013, 23:50

MirRose wrote:Thank you for responding!

I did at least part of the fix; it's a wee bit confusing. and that helped me install it, but now I'm supposed to apply the crack. however, I can't find the bin_ship folder that I'm supposed to apply it to. So even though your advice was very helpful (thank you!) I still can't manage to get it to play. Thank you for your help, though!
Now, if you have followed the instructions in the link that I posted, I suggest - for now - that you "un-do" all of this again, so that the "Dragon Age"-folder in Program files(x86) is empty.

So...I just finshed downloading that game myself - and I successfully managed to install it. OK, do you still have the original .RAR file of the download ? You may re-extract (!) it to a new folder.

Does the same error pop up when you re-run the "setup.exe" ?

I have heard from similar cases that if you - temporarily - change the language of your OS, and try again the setup, the game might install then. But let me know the result.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top