Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 7 question .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 7 question . Empty Windows 7 question .

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:14

Hi! I have a question. Does anyone know how to install windows 7? Can someone help me step by step to install the windows? I have Windows 8, and it made ​​me often small "problem", that not all the programs that I use initially run on Windows 8. The persone who installed every time for me  a windows is now out of town. Wed honestly makes me want to throw my laptop out the window every time a program is not supported on Windows 8. In time, I learned to "clean" a computer , to make distributions of memory, etc. etc.. I would love to learn how to install windows. I also want, if possible, explain to me how can I save, for example, all data from local disk D before deleting and reinstalling the other windows. 

Please , I want someone experimantated who can explain me , becouse I don't want to make a complete mess :-)) . Hope you understand what I'm saying and sry for my very bad language . x.x

Moderator edit: Topic moved to "Software". Wink

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 question . Empty Re: Windows 7 question .

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:22

miruna98 wrote:Hi! I have a question. Does anyone know how to install windows 7? Can someone help me step by step to install the windows? I have Windows 8, and it made ​​me often small "problem", that not all the programs that I use initially run on Windows 8. The persone who installed every time for me  a windows is now out of town. Wed honestly makes me want to throw my laptop out the window every time a program is not supported on Windows 8. In time, I learned to "clean" a computer , to make distributions of memory, etc. etc.. I would love to learn how to install windows. I also want, if possible, explain to me how can I save, for example, all data from local disk D before deleting and reinstalling the other windows. 

Please , I want someone experimantated who can explain me , becouse I don't want to make a complete mess :-)) . Hope you understand what I'm saying and sry for my very bad language . x.x
Hello,

Games4TheWorld has Windows 7 too (click on the link in my signature saying "G4TW torrent downloads"). While I don't install new operaing systems very often (luckily), what most people do is to download a OS, then burn it to a disc (DVD), insert it and start the installation after re-booting. My Windows 7 is not from G4TW, but I think the instructions will look similar.

You can back up your data on an external hard-drive; or even a USB drive, depending on how much you want to back up. At least that's what I recommend. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:29

Hmm . I have over 80 gb to back up :-)) . I have already downloaded windows 7 from G4TW , but I'm still scared to make it by myself . Now a year I installed windows 7 on laptop ( I had XP version ) and when it was done , I started my laptop and they asked me witch version to choose : XP or 7 .Facepalm . Theeen I deleted on XP every content from disk local C and there remained some hiden files . drunken . So .. you can imagine it was a completly mess Cool . Theen I don't know how to install drivers . an antivirus . how to put an desktop "my computer" . I might need to watch lots and lots and lots of installing videos before I can install . Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:38

miruna98 wrote:Hmm . I have over 80 gb to back up :-)) . I have already downloaded windows 7 from G4TW , but I'm still scared to make it by myself . Now a year I installed windows 7 on laptop ( I had XP version ) and when it was done , I started my laptop and they asked me witch version to choose : XP or 7 .Facepalm . Theeen I deleted on XP every content from disk local C and there remained some hiden files . drunken . So .. you can imagine it was a completly mess Cool . Theen I don't know how to install drivers . an antivirus . how to put an desktop "my computer" . I might need to watch lots and lots and lots of installing videos before I can install . Smile
Hello,

When I installed another OS, I didn't have to watch out for "special things", meaning: the new OS basically "overwrote" the old one. With no problems. But if you feel uncomfortable with that, you may indeed wait for someone else to help you with that.

The Windows 7 that I downloaded had a folder included with some drivers, but you can download drivers from the internet too.

You have 80 GB ? If you don't have/can't get hold of an external hard-drive, I would recommend you only back up the most important things: software/game downloads (so that you don't have to re-download them later), documents, save files of games and similar things.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 20:50

Ok . Thank you very much for reply-ing , tomorrow I'll start . :-)) . Hope it will be okay . Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top