Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise Stops Working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise Stops Working. [SOLVED] Empty Island Paradise Stops Working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2013, 17:02

Okay so i had a huge issue my game wouldn't start it would turn to a black screen when i tried to start it and then it would say not responding and i would have to use task manager to close it. After reading through the forums at other problems with this i eventually solved it after clearing my game cache and doing the DEP thing, and lowering my screen resolution and the game resolution. I even am using the game booster. Now that the game works however it keeps doing this thing i'm not exactly sure what to call it since its not turning off and its not saying not responding. Everything around the sims will move and work sounds music tv's but all the sims stop moving. It only does this when i try to check into the Sparkling Sands Resort. I have stayed in the La Costa Verde resort before so its not all the places. As far as i am concerned the game runs smoothly unless i try to check in there which sucks because i wanted my sims to stay at all the resorts. If you have any solutions to my issue please let me know.

I do think that it might be all my custom content that is making it so hard to play this game. However i NEVER had an issue with playing the sims or getting it to run before i installed Island Paradise. I think its unfair for me to have to delete what makes my game special even more since some of the items i have i cant get anymore since your mediafire account is gone and your new site for downloads doesn't work as well as the mediafire one. I am wondering if there is an issue with maybe the actual game? I want to find a solution that doesn't involve me having to delete my sims games and all my current game settings which is what happens when i delete or rename the sims 3 folder in My Documents.

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise Stops Working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Island Paradise Stops Working. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Sep 2013, 05:51

DeeToxicKisses wrote:
Okay so i had a huge issue my game wouldn't start it would turn to a black screen when i tried to start it and then it would say not responding and i would have to use task manager to close it. After reading through the forums at other problems with this i eventually solved it after clearing my game cache and doing the DEP thing, and lowering my screen resolution and the game resolution. I even am using the game booster. Now that the game works however it keeps doing this thing i'm not exactly sure what to call it since its not turning off and its not saying not responding. Everything around the sims will move and work sounds music tv's but all the sims stop moving. It only does this when i try to check into the Sparkling Sands Resort. I have stayed in the La Costa Verde resort before so its not all the places. As far as i am concerned the game runs smoothly unless i try to check in there which sucks because i wanted my sims to stay at all the resorts. If you have any solutions to my issue please let me know.

I do think that it might be all my custom content that is making it so hard to play this game. However i NEVER had an issue with playing the sims or getting it to run before i installed Island Paradise. I think its unfair for me to have to delete what makes my game special even more since some of the items i have i cant get anymore since your mediafire account is gone and your new site for downloads doesn't work as well as the mediafire one. I am wondering if there is an issue with maybe the actual game? I want to find a solution that doesn't involve me having to delete my sims games and all my current game settings which is what happens when i delete or rename the sims 3 folder in My Documents.

Hello,

Problems with these resorts are well-known. Some have suggested that this is due to the carreers of the sims (who check in). From what I see, this is NOT related to incompatible mods or custom content.

If you really want your sim to quit the job, then feel free to try that. I have also tried to check in, and my game freezes after a while then. However, I don't recommend quitting the job. At the moment, I can only suggest to you not to use resorts. Wat.  This glitch will have to be fixed with another patch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise Stops Working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Island Paradise Stops Working. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. Sun 01 Sep 2013, 06:23

DeeToxicKisses wrote:

Hello,

I suggest you delete the Scott family in Isla Paradiso. It was known that this family has been the root of routing problems and may cause the game to freeze. I am not sure if this will work when your sims are in a resort though.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 11:26

Thank you for these suggestions i gave both of them a try now Okay So it is the jobs. I will just have to have them quit there jobs before staying in resorts from now on. Do you have any idea what jobs dont make the game freeze when checking into resorts? If it not then i can always use the cheat to get them back to the same level they were at before and just let them quit. Thanks again.

Last edited by DeeToxicKisses on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 11:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I tried both solutions)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Sep 2013, 15:43

DeeToxicKisses wrote:
Thank you for these suggestions i gave both of them a try now Okay So it is the jobs. I will just have to have them quit there jobs before staying in resorts from now on. Do you have any idea what jobs dont make the game freeze when checking into resorts? If it not then i can always use the cheat to get them back to the same level they were at before and just let them quit. Thanks again.
Hello again,

Try switching your carreer into something which is NOT about self-employment (so you should not have carreers like fisher(wo)man, gardener, writer, life-guard, etc.).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2013, 04:03

This worked Thank you very much!

Helper Edit: Glad to hear your problem is solved! Topic closed.

-cat2006house

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top