Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Island paradise not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island paradise not working Empty Sims 3 Island paradise not working

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 20:24

Hi Smile

So today I downloaded your version of the sims 3 Island paradise and i installed it just like it said in the read me file, then i put the crack in the base game. Before doing all of it I also updated the game so It's now version 1.55 Smile Then I wanted to play the game so I started it via crack and it loaded but after I got into the new town and went to create a sims the game froze and i got a message saying the game stopped working. So I went on your site and I found the thread with the ultimate fix so I downloaded it and did everything it said in the instructions. Then i tried to play the game with the new crack but the same thing happened again, the game stopped working. So do you have any idea why the game is not working? Because before today I was playing the sims with the sims 3 university expansion and everything was working perfectly Sad Sad
Thanks for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island paradise not working Empty Re: Sims 3 Island paradise not working

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 23:21

Any Mods? Any custom content or saved items/games you want to keep?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 16:31

I have mods but I don't care if i need to get rid of them but I wouldn't like to loose my saved games

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2013, 05:35

PStelar wrote:I have mods but I don't care if i need to get rid of them but I wouldn't like to loose my saved games

If you have mods, for example from the "NRAAS" site, then it's enough when you just download the version, which is compatible with your base-game patch-level. Open the launcher and then hoover over the symbol on the far left (the base game logo). Find out, what number shows up. Then download the right mod, then copy + paste them into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. REPLACE all existing files. Now your mod(s) should be "updated". Wink

Then start the game again.

P.S. Always read the descriptions of the mods you want to download (information about updates, conflicts with other mods, etc.).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 21:01

But I don't think the mods are the problem because I updated the game before installing Island paradise and I played it using university and everything worked fine. Then a few hours later I installed Island paradise and now the game keeps shutting down after a few minutes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Jun 2013, 22:37

PStelar wrote:But I don't think the mods are the problem because I updated the game before installing Island paradise and I played it using university and everything worked fine. Then a few hours later I installed Island paradise and now the game keeps shutting down after a few minutes

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter in this case if the game was working in the PAST. Whenever you change the "patch level" of your Sims 3 base game (usually by updating), then in most cases you have to make sure that all your mods are compatible with that new patch level. For example, on the "NRAAS" site you'll find - next to the mod - a small description of the "patch-level"; this means that the mod is intended to be used with the mentioned patch level only.

You always have to make sure to completely read all instructions and descriptions of the mods that you download. To use the NRAAS example again, if a new base game update is released, you just need to download the updated mod, and put it in your "Mods" folder, and replace the old file.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 00:45

I have the exact same issues...after a few minutes of Create A Sim, my game crashes and I get a window saying: The Sims 3 has stopped working...I do have some NRaas mods, and I tried removing them, but even without the mods, the game still crashes..

Helper edit: I would like to ask you not to bump in this topic here. Please keep all of your questions in the topic that you created in the "in-game problems" section.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:12

Well my NRAAS moods are updated, maybe the other custom content is not compatible? I don't know, how can you find out if it isn't?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:24

PStelar wrote:Well my NRAAS moods are updated, maybe the other custom content is not compatible? I don't know, how can you find out if it isn't?

If you are sure your NRAAS mods are updated, then remove all other stuff (hairstyles, clothing, makeup, furniture, etc.) if you are not sure, but I cannot tell you which CC are outdated, given the vast amount of CC available on the internet.

But have you already tried any of the suggestions posted here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Especially #2 (deactivating DEP) and #3 (Assigning more RAM memory) could be useful. And if you want to use the "4 GB patch" then patch the TS3W.exe in the base game location.

You could also try double-clicking on that TS3W.exe in the base game location, and see if the game starts.

Also try lowering the resolution of your computer screen to 1024 x 768. Then try starting the game again (use the TS3W.exe).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:43

Hello,

That your Nraas mods are updated for this patchlevel doesn't mean they'll automatically work with Island Paradise. I strongly recommend at least checking to see if any of their mods have been updated in the past few days.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:51

Well I run my game in windowed mode, but I did deactivate DEP yesterday but it didn't help. I also tried double-clicking on the TS3W.exe in the base game folder and the game started but the same problem appeared, the game crashed after a few minutes.
About my NRAAS mods, I have the game updated to the 1.55 version and I have nraas mods that are also the 1.55 version so i think they should be ok Smile
I guess I'll try uninstalling all custom content and then see if it works Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:56

Hello,

I can see that a number of Nraas mods have been updated after the 25th, which suggests there was a conflict with an Island Paradise feature. If you have any of these you still may want to try redownloading them. As you can see, those had already been updated and tested for patch 1.55 and again for TS3:IP.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:41

I tried updating them but the game still doesn't work Sad
So I'll uninstall all my custom content and then see if it helps

//EDIT

So I uninstalled the custom content and the game worked for a little longer but in the end it stopped working as always I is confused So now i realy don't know what is wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top